Hag needs love too!

Although I appreciate the small movement speed buff to Hags Waterlogged shoe, I think it should be revisited.

As an iridescent it completely removes her power and turns her into an M1 killer. That doesn’t sound right.  Iridescent add-ons should improve or enhance with minor weakness. Not completely debilitate. Using the Huntress as an example, one of her iridescent’s turn her into a 115% when out of hatchets, however she can always get more hatchets. The point is it buffs her during the moments when she is weak. In Hags case it just makes her weak. A suggestion: keep the speed buff however limit the number of traps she can place from her base 10 to 5, as well as remove its hindered affect so it’s not too strong. That way she’s not completely powerless. I view this suggestion comparable to the Nurse’s irri that has been changed to increase one blink however slow it’s regeneration.


furthermore, many of her add-ons are either not as fun in practice vs paper as they sound.

Examples: “disfigured ear” add-on deafens the survivor for 6 seconds after they trip a trap. Teleporting to this trap after is tripped with them deafened doesn’t apply any advantages in chase or ambush as they can obviously see your mud phantasm and assume your coming. (Suggestion: possibly increase its effect to 10 seconds and affect all survivors within an 8 meter range of the trap.)

“Grandma’s Heart”: makes you lose your terror radius for a couple seconds. Very situational for ambushes and if you’re a hag you just teleport completely contradicting it’s purpose. Possible ambush chances of running into someone doesn’t make this add on useful or fun. (Suggestion: the survivor who trips the trap is oblivious for 30 seconds OR act like a mini Dark devotion and have the terror radius attach to the survivor for a duration )

“Mint Rag”: this addons sounds good on paper, however without a visual (similar to demo and Freddy) to which trap you’re teleporting to it can be very difficult and potential detrimental to play with. Especially with the numerous multilayer maps.

finally, the longer effective trap range add-ons. These addons make the circle to which a survivor can trip a trap larger. However, as a 110% speed killer it just makes them harder to catch/hit by giving you less cushion to land a teleport->lunge attack. (Suggestion: add a 1-2 second hindrance effect along with the range, making the addons stronger but not too strong and of actual usefulness)


I feel like my Hag addon suggestions offer some small tweaks that can make her addons more useful without overpowering her.

Some other killers have addons that are mini versions of their perks like The plagues addon that applies a mini infectious fright when consuming a corrupted pool. I wish Hag had something similar (other than the showing survivor aura one). Ideas?

Comments

  • I could argue that the Hag needs at least one or two quality of life changes as well to her base powers.

    suggestion 1: increase the amount of time or charges needed to destroy a trap with a flashlight. I don’t know the specifics of the current amount of charges required now. However just one survivor with a flashlight harassing traps is annoying enough. If a green flashlight has 6 seconds to it at base, then requiring 2-3 seconds from that flashlight to disarm a trap doesn’t sound unreasonable.

    suggestion 2: either an addon or part of base kit that allows the Hag to see the aura of a survivor crouching over a trap. Still unable to teleport to it however it nerfs survivor counter play against her without making her OP.


    Personally I find Hag amazing and fun. I love playing against other Hags. Hag as a killer (aside from Myers) is who I would say I get the most jump scares from and I love it. Small tweaks like these suggested from a dedicated Hag who loves her gameplay would make playing against bully squad Swf’s more “fun” and less annoying.