Shadow Step/Boons

I’ve been running shadow step to get a better idea of what im dealing with as a killer and, I gotta say, it feels a bit too powerful on multilevel maps for what it does and how it can be replaced. Once Circle of Healing comes back, I probably won’t be playing killer as much. I’m really liking the boons from a survivor standpoint. I’m really hating them from a killer standpoint. Think the devs are going to need to redefine some numbers on these to make them fair and be very careful on what power they attach to these in the future.

Comments

  • @Dumpstick said:

    Shadow Step is generally a strong perk. It is weak on some maps like Shelter Woods, but that's Shelter Woods. It's especially strong in The Game and in Lery's, even if Lery's isn't multi-level. Midwich, despite being Multilevel, isn't particularly strong for it as the map is too simple and linear without enough obstructions to really take advantage of Shadow Step.

    It's also pretty good on Rpd too depending on where you put it.

  • Multi-level maps seem to be the sticking point for boons in general- overall they're balanced, but when the killer has to mess around trying to find the boon before realising it's a floor below/above them, or when they have to make a trek up a catwalk out of their way, they start to become a lot more strong.

    Then again, maybe that's good- pretty much everything in the game has maps where they perform very well and maps where they're less useful, so the question is how much the killer is actually affected on average in those maps...

  • I played against Shadow Step on ######### RCPD. I should honestly have stayed AFK on that match.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    I’ve been running shadow step to get a better idea of what im dealing with as a killer and, I gotta say, it feels a bit too powerful on multilevel maps for what it does and how it can be replaced. Once Circle of Healing comes back, I probably won’t be playing killer as much. I’m really liking the boons from a survivor standpoint. I’m really hating them from a killer standpoint. Think the devs are going to need to redefine some numbers on these to make them fair and be very careful on what power they attach to these in the future.

    It was already nerfed on the ptb I believe it was 32 meters range…