Any chance for a meta switchup?

I'm tired of loading in as survivor and seeing Killers run the same 4-5 perks out of the abundance they have to choose from.


I'm tired of loading in as a Killer and seeing survivors run the same 4-5 second chance perks every single game with the off chance they're running an off-meta perk.


Will there ever a be a switch up? You can't expect us to play the same stale meta that's been going on for four years much longer, I really want to see perks like autodidact-aftercare meta, that sounds like genuine fun.

Maybe one day we'll even see monstrous shrine become meta, but for now I'm sincerely tired of playing at high MMR and being forced to play with and against the same perks over and over. I'm trying to be the change I wish to see.

Comments

  • Well whenever there is something new that's meta people always complain about and it gets nerfed into useless.

    I have seen this I'm both the killer side and survivor side. We don't really want the m2tw changed we must like to complain.

  • Not going to happen as long as there is no radical change in the game. for example gen speed, counter of tunneling, stronger or weaker looping, perks changes/reworked.

    Currently players are forcing themself to use these perks to try to "win" or have a decent match. unless they are going to play against meta perks killer or survivors and they are pretty much not going to have an easy match.

    New characters can change the meta if they are bringing new mechanics and they are very popular. but right now only the devs can change meta perks and play style for us.

  • Boon Totems

    yet theyre probably gonna be nerfed to nothing.

  • @Shroompy said:

    Boon Totems

    yet theyre probably gonna be nerfed to nothing.

    They most likely will and then have killers complaining about why survivors don't use different perks

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585397#Comment_2585397

    They most likely will and then have killers complaining about why survivors don't use different perks

    Precisely whats gonna happen

  • no, boon totem wont be enough

  • @BabyBubbaMain said:

    I'm tired of loading in as survivor and seeing Killers run the same 4-5 perks out of the abundance they have to choose from.

    I'm tired of loading in as a Killer and seeing survivors run the same 4-5 second chance perks every single game with the off chance they're running an off-meta perk.

    Will there ever a be a switch up? You can't expect us to play the same stale meta that's been going on for four years much longer, I really want to see perks like autodidact-aftercare meta, that sounds like genuine fun.

    Maybe one day we'll even see monstrous shrine become meta, but for now I'm sincerely tired of playing at high MMR and being forced to play with and against the same perks over and over. I'm trying to be the change I wish to see.

    They need to just go back through and keep buffing all the unused perks.. they act like it takes so much effort to change a number for a patch... and then start nerfing the top perks the same way.... example.. adrenaline 4 seconds of hastened movement instead of 5.. minor nerf.. but it still is a nerf.. i dont understand why its so hard.. i play other online games and they have patches every month with multiple changes here and there to numbers... doesnt have to be a lot.. over time it will shift the meta.. BHVR doesn't really want to balance their game.. or change the meta.. if they did they would.... simple as that..

  • I am of the mind they should gut the entire meta perk line, for killers as well as survivors. Take em all away. Nerf them into the ground. Make us play different builds.

    We rely on the perks that help us win. I get it. I know the entire community would be up in arms about that kind of gutting. However, I feel that eventually people would adapt and learn to play around it.

    Then we would see different builds etc. I think BHVR also needs to change the game fundamentally. If they would do that I think we could get a better product.

    As it stands they want to favor survivors. Survivors outnumber killers four to one. It makes business sense. Cater to your majority. Survivors can bring in their friends to play. They will buy the cosmetics. Sure killers will as well, not as much as survivors tho.

    If the survivors perceive the game as being easy they will stay and bring friends and spend. If they think the game is too hard they won't play. It just makes business sense. Cater to the majority.

  • Will survivors completely stop running Dead Hard, Unbreakable, Iron Will, Sprint Burst, Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time....


    I see those every game as killer, too. Quid pro quo. :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not until they address the meta directly. They did do some perk changes to make others more appealing but they didn't work at all. They have to nerf the meta perks.

    The meta is fine on both sides. Just because they get used a lot that doesn’t mean we gotta nerf them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585731#Comment_2585731

    They get used a lot, making the game repetitive. They have shown they are not comfortable buffing other perks to be stronger than the meta. So they need to nerf the meta especially Dead Hard and Ruin, possibly.

    They just buffed some survivor and killer perks that don’t get used a lot and they’re much better. Some players just like to run the same build but again that doesn’t mean they need to be nerfed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585817#Comment_2585817

    I still don't think the perks that got buffed will be enough to compete with the meta perks. I mean just compare Guardian/Babysitter to Borrowed time, it's still very outclassed. It feels like the devs are ignoring the meta.

    I don’t think it’s that they’re ignoring the meta. They probably don’t see them as problematic perks.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585529#Comment_2585529

    The meta is fine on both sides. Just because they get used a lot that doesn’t mean we gotta nerf them.

    What cookie is saying is that in order for other perks to shine, you have to nerf the existing meta.

    Like in Warframe, melee was super strong so DE buffed guns. But guess what? Everybody was still using melee, so DE nerfed melee weapons and now guns are out shinning melee.

    You have to nerf the existing meta, to create a new meta.

  • @BabyBubbaMain said:

    I'm tired of loading in as survivor and seeing Killers run the same 4-5 perks out of the abundance they have to choose from.

    I'm tired of loading in as a Killer and seeing survivors run the same 4-5 second chance perks every single game with the off chance they're running an off-meta perk.

    Will there ever a be a switch up? You can't expect us to play the same stale meta that's been going on for four years much longer, I really want to see perks like autodidact-aftercare meta, that sounds like genuine fun.

    Maybe one day we'll even see monstrous shrine become meta, but for now I'm sincerely tired of playing at high MMR and being forced to play with and against the same perks over and over. I'm trying to be the change I wish to see.

    Problem is changing the meta is gonna reveal huge problems.

    You change the survivor meta, survivors will just run gen perks which will encourage camping and tunneling.

    Change the killer meta, gens will go by too quickly and killers will use chase perks, but gens will still be the problem.

    Nerfing the meta will expose the core game issues.