Where does this come from? The over hyping or overestimating changes on something?

In this example lets take Plague. If you look at her changes closely you will realize that they basicly added the Incern ointment (green addon) to her base kit so she is less addon reliant. Added some quality of life changes with the "no cancel" anymore and also gave her a addon overhaul. Also they made her enviroment infection more effective.

These are welcome changes and I do love these changes, they are imo well deserved, however...

The only effective thing that Plague really got is a addon overhaul and thats it, nothing more than that, her base kit is basicly the same and makes her just less addon reliant. However alot of ppl seem to completly go over board with the changes and act she has ascended now to the heavens and has become the new meta killer on the A tier row.

Same goes to Otz (looking at him and his Hamster)

I do respect him and I like his view to things alot but just like him and many others they do seem to heavily overestimate the changes. Plague is basicly at the same strength as she has been always, but since she got a "buff" ppl get again invested in her and play her again more often. Which is nice, srsly I like having more variaty in dbd and hopefully we will get to see more Plagues in the future a few chapters after this one.

Plague is still around at the same lvl of strength, she isnt MUCH BETTER as before, she is even slightly weaker. Incerns ointment and Rubbing oil both green addons, if you used them both you had a stronger version of Plague as you will ever see right now.

Why do ppl go so overboard with changes? Same happens to basicly all nerfs or changes, just like with Deathslinger beeing now "gutted" or Spirit beeing dead.

Comments

  • @AssassinZodiac said:

    I think Otz kinda has to go overboard and absolutely love nearly every update considering he is a fog whisperer.

    ye true though, thats one of the reasons I rarely watch them. Not cuz I dont like them as a person, I dont like ppl who ship fake emotions.