A swf nerf
You remove -1 perk per swf member.
2 people have 3 perks
3 people have 2 perks
4 people have 1 perk
Hsving a full team should challenge survivors. Moreover only having 1 perk each would reward team work and communication in a reasonable and non exploitive manner. And it puts survivors and killers on a more level playing field: 4 perks vs 4 perks as opposed to 4 vs 16 (with 4 possible defensive strikes and definitely 4 self cares and some sort of mobility perk.)
2 people have 3 perks
3 people have 2 perks
4 people have 1 perk
Hsving a full team should challenge survivors. Moreover only having 1 perk each would reward team work and communication in a reasonable and non exploitive manner. And it puts survivors and killers on a more level playing field: 4 perks vs 4 perks as opposed to 4 vs 16 (with 4 possible defensive strikes and definitely 4 self cares and some sort of mobility perk.)
Comments
Well, i think it would be enough to make perks unique in a swf-team, and maybe go down on 3 perks/person in a swf4.
On one hand, this would be fair. If SWF are using voice comms, then they're bypassing several essential perks already. I'm down with that.
On the other hand, this would lead any SWF who aren't using voice comms to definitely migrate over to doing so ASAP, so... I dunno.
I'm in two minds about SWF perks. On one hand solo survivors are harder to catch because they'll all have the meta perks.
On the other hand SWF will always have the perfect perks for the perfect moments. You'll get the one with unbreakable for when the group gets sluggdd, a few with borrrowed time for end game, the one with aura readings to keep an eye on the killer etc
Oh, there's definitely no reason they wouldn't be using them, for sure. I know but only a few who still have morals. When I play survivor, I've never once used SWF even with an invite as I feel the sheer nature of it detracts from the basis of the game (in before the folks screaming "the devs intended blah blah blah!"). It's not an attack on those who do, since there's no stopping it; it's just a personal preference. But I know a few people who play SWF who don't use voice. Kudos to them. To implement this would almost force them into going voice comm, no doubt.
Now, the killer in me says with my entire heart that implementing this should be common sense and a fair step forward, seeing as how devs have no intentions (or the ability, really) to handle the voice comms issue directly. They're definitely going to have to go around it somehow and just make it more level with the understanding that, most definitely, the vast majority of SWF are indeed using voice comms and that it unquestionably tilts the balance far beyond fair reach in favor of survivors and renders so many perks irrelevant. This idea does initially seem to be a sensible approach without skewing the lobby times that would come from opening a SWF-only queue (an alternative dev option).
It's definitely something that should be looked into. Although, as I do play survivor solo, I have to wonder how this would be implemented if I were to be sucked into a 2- or 3-man SWF game as the "bait" man. Would I also inadvertently find myself only allowed to use X number of perks alongside them thus leaving me unduly neutered perk-wise? Could they realistically apply this to only the SWF members themselves? Or would it take putting SWF into their own full queue anyways, which would bring us back to the bad queue lobby times?
Great idea, I just have to wonder about its implementation and if it could be realistically (and fairly, to lone survivors) applied.
Sometimes they can do themselves in by being too altrustic but I often find an issue is their items. People tend not to bring as much solo and save their best stuff for when they're with their buddies. That's why you get so many SWF games with instaheals.
On that note I can't believe someone actually thought the full health items were a good idea. The one that heals 1 health state I can deal with, but the one that puts a survivor from dying to full health is beyond ridiculous.
I don’t know if having a 3 man swf would screw a solo over, but tbh solos already get screwed over by them and you’re encouraged to look out for yourself anyways.
I think overall this would be a fair implementation without negatively effecting swf’s necessity to the game’s survival and quick queue times (especially here on ps4) and it would give some power back to the killer or at least make it more of a fair deal for participating.
Maybe even there could be a blood points incentive for killers to want to not dodge swf like making an inbuilt +50% bp increase post game per swf member - meaning a full team is like having a mini blood hunt. Combine it with stackables like party streamers, killers would want to go against a full swf and those swf would probably find matches a whole lot easier.
The biggest nerf that SWF could get at the moment is a notification for Killer that show who's in cahoots with who.
The problem is SWF already get a bunch of perks because they can communicate.
Bond, Empathy, Premonition, Spine chill, Kindred, Object of obsession, Alert, Distraction, Windows of opportunity, Open handed, all these perks because of communication. They are also far more likely to have someone at the ready for healing, hook saving, body-blocking, flashlight saving or gen rushing if you're chased off one.
My point is removing a perk per person isn't really going to do anything.
That would be a start.
Btw, the depip squad showed us that you can play completely without perks too
Something needs to happen. I wouldn't mind if it was something survivors could do if they were in proximity to each other, that would actually be kind of neat, but am unsure how that could even be implemented. It just isn't fair when you consider how much time it takes just to gain enough blood lust (which was nerfed, thanks for that.) to force a survivor to drop one pallet on some of the nastier loops.
Yes, but I am not sure whether any killer would still play casual then
I hate that experiemnt. It showes survivors can outplay killers, his his group were some of the best survivors in teh entire game. just becuase I see a race car driver drft around a corner doesn't mean I can do it in my old Chevy. MOst people don't get looping like that [lus don't talk like robots when they lay
3 of that group were killer mains actually.
And there are better survivors out there too (the actual survivor mains with thousands of hours)
To play fun meme builds and not face high rank super optimized survivors or to avoid stupidly long queue times due to rank. This is just off the top of my head.
Killer maiin doesn't mean anthing, they are still amazing survviors who know evey great looping spot with pallet effiency. Not many other groups focus on sole gameplay and just not chatting w/friends like many do
This seems to be a bit extreme. I do not like the Idea of taking away perks from survivors. I feel like if it affect one of the survivors out of the 2/3/4, it would be more of a fair thing.
Moreover, what if instead of taking away survivor perks, a killer was notified when a survive with friends was present and got an extra perk slot when the party was made of 3 or less and 2 perk slots extra when the party was made of 4. I feel like this would be much more balanced than taking away a total 12 perks in one game.
Its ok that nobody wants to play competitively, thats a decision everyone has to make for themselves. But dont expect to be at rank 1 please, and currently thats the situation. If players actually want to play competitively, then this completely break the game apart and this has to change
I prefer to make perks unique within SWF even if that doesnt even closely compensate the power of a SWF.
I've learned more about surviving from playing killer than I have from playing survivor. All the loops and tricks people have done to me as killer, I've used some when I play survivor.