I found something interesting in the cosmetic shop

I was on the cosmetic shop and was looking at Trapper's weapons. I went to the cosmetic filter and saw the following: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare, Ultra Rare, Event, and....Artifact? There was a filter for something called artifact and the color was bright purple. If anyone knows what this means, I would really love an answer.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • It's not just the Trapper. Huntress, Billy, Nurse and likely the rest have it, too. No idea what it means, though other than placeholders at best... for now.

  • I noticed that too, I wonder if the devs have something planned for that in the future or something

  • Example of an artifact cosmetic: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188209247

    It's basically the 'super ultra rare' tier. So far it's for the rare stuff that you can't just get (like the original version of the streamer cosmetics, to separate them from the charity case variants). There are none in the shop, at least not yet. The functionality is there in case that changes in the future, though.

  • SxyHxy Jacket, DiaTech Nea Shirt, 72hrs Schmock and several other skins are considered “Artifiacts.”  That is, if you have the originals.  They’ve been in the game a long time.