Slinger is unfun and weaker now. Buffing ADS change would be for the best

All of the changes slinger got were actually pretty good, I like the TR change as now monitor and abuse slingers wont tarnish his reputation (and because his tr did little to his viability, especially in a 3 gen), I like the wind down time nerf as some slingers would spam and spam over and over, and I like the QOL to the stun duration and ADS speed.

Just his ADS speed is a tad bit too long, making him too similar to huntress, and harder for less rewards, and (as I'm sure the community would agree) he is less fun to play now.

My suggestion as a slinger main would be to decrease his ADS speed to 0.2 or at a minimum 0.25. Anything above .25 is too slow for slinger to get off reliable shots, and due to this more slingers will zone, and we don't want that.

Other point: Slinger is punished for missing harsher than other killers, and he takes longer to get downs due to reeling, reloading, etc. Building in a brown reload and a brown missed shot would make him feel much nicer to play and buff his 1v4.


That's really all I want from slinger now. He's fun for me now due to him being different, but I know I will come to hate him in a few months. Many slinger mains have left him to go to trickster or huntress, and tbh I love the theme of him so unless I really start hating him I probably wont drop him.

Comments

  • Yeah, he needs quick-scope.

    Deathslinger doesn't really suck as a killer, he is still better than some weaker killers like Clown, Legion, Myers, Freddie etc., but he sucks to play as, even Freddie is more fun to play now and that used to be most boring killer to me.

    Because of longer ADS, I get same feeling as Huntress with Wind-up time addons. Problem is that unlike Huntress, Deathslinger has several limitations. He gets more punished for single miss, he can't down over pallet / far window, he has limited range, he has super tiny hitbox that is easy to dodge, his ADS sensitivity + FOV just sucks, so he can't even flick and he also has longer time to down on avarage than Trickster / Huntress.

    ADS sensitivity + FOV were always bad, but noone did it, because of quick-scope, so it wasn't an issue before.

    Deathslinger was played by FPS players a lot, because they could use skills they already had, but that's not a thing anymore after quick-scope nerf.