Is Dead hard a problem?

I think it is. This meta perk has saved more lives than the peniciline vaccine itself, lol. Not only dead hard though, but also those perks that grant you a second opportunity with not a big penalisation. Of course, they are necessary, I can't realistically tell you the time I found it as a last resource and saved my life. But this not hide the fact that many of those times in which I used it was because I was the ONE who made the MISTAKE, not the killer. Interestingly, if you compare DH to the other exhaustion perks out there, they clearly work diffferent: live, sprint burst and balance landing are the ones which can reallistically create a gap between chases but these must be triggered anticipately and clarly one of them awards you from playing efficiently: smash hit. In my opinion, this last perk should conserve the benefits of the actual cooldown. In a sum, players should be penalised for their mistakes in game and not be encouraged to use meta perks because they save you again, again and again. This is what encourages a positive core of a balance skill-based game. Though, you played poorly, you get penalised. You play effectivelly, then you are rewarded. No big deals in that. I hope you can understand my point.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @Punitive said:

    I think it is. This meta perk has saved more lives than the peniciline vaccine itself, lol. Not only dead hard though, but also those perks that grant you a second opportunity with not a big penalisation. Of course, they are necessary, I can't realistically tell you the time I found it as a last resource and saved my life. But this not hide the fact that many of those times in which I used it was because I was the ONE who made the MISTAKE, not the killer. Interestingly, if you compare DH to the other exhaustion perks out there, they clearly work diffferent: live, sprint burst and balance landing are the ones which can reallistically create a gap between chases but these must be triggered anticipately and clarly one of them awards you from playing efficiently: smash hit. In my opinion, this last perk should conserve the benefits of the actual cooldown. In a sum, players should be penalised for their mistakes in game and not be encouraged to use meta perks because they save you again, again and again. This is what encourages a positive core of a balance skill-based game. Though, you played poorly, you get penalised. You play effectivelly, then you are rewarded. No big deals in that. I hope you can understand my point.

    it's annoying.

    unless you get hit verified while using your power.

  • @Floki_Doki said:

    This truly does sum up the issue with the perk. This game depends on very precise mind games that both sides have to play perfectly or the other loses. DH completely contradicts that fundamental. Nothings worst than pulling off the perfect mind game, that you had to work for and sacrifice valuable gen time for, and someone going "Nope, re-do. You got me that time but I get a second chance". It's like playing chess and only one player gets to take back their last move when they're about to lose

    Perfect explanation ^

  • That a mod says it's no problem, sees how out of touch they are. It's basically a better DS, because you can use it multiple times to get to a pallet or window. Many killers are not capable of ignoring those obstacles, so the chase only gets longer. That's a one time thing with DS, but you can have that multiple times with DH.

  • The only thing that annoys me with dead hard is when you’re killer and you clearly hit the survivor but then they dead hard and they don’t go down.. it is very delayed dead hard.


    never happens when I’m survivor though 🤣

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568580#Comment_2568580

    I don't have a massive issue with Dead Hard tbh. I kind of see it the same way that I see other exhaustion perks, it'll give you that boost but then it's not going to help you for the rest of the chase.

    Dead Hard basically allows you to be greedy, it lets you get another loop around a pallet for example - it's not a mistake when survivors do this, it's intentional, they know they have Dead Hard so they know they can make the loop before dropping that pallet, or make the window.

    I still think Sprint Burst is a stronger exhaustion perk, but I feel that Dead Hard is more frustrating for some players to play against.

    I think there's a fine line with how it can have multiple ways it can be used over other exhaustion perks, kinda invalidates other exhaustion candidates when Dead Hard can negate an M1 attack, a power attack cooldown, Creates Distance to pallet / Window, Extend chases to be 2x longer in certain scenarios, Shits on Victor allowing him to be kicked for free, Dead Hard combined with DS / BT offers way too much for one perk slot in my humble opinion.

  • @Punitive said:

    I think it is. This meta perk has saved more lives than the peniciline vaccine itself, lol. Not only dead hard though, but also those perks that grant you a second opportunity with not a big penalisation. Of course, they are necessary, I can't realistically tell you the time I found it as a last resource and saved my life. But this not hide the fact that many of those times in which I used it was because I was the ONE who made the MISTAKE, not the killer. Interestingly, if you compare DH to the other exhaustion perks out there, they clearly work diffferent: live, sprint burst and balance landing are the ones which can reallistically create a gap between chases but these must be triggered anticipately and clarly one of them awards you from playing efficiently: smash hit. In my opinion, this last perk should conserve the benefits of the actual cooldown. In a sum, players should be penalised for their mistakes in game and not be encouraged to use meta perks because they save you again, again and again. This is what encourages a positive core of a balance skill-based game. Though, you played poorly, you get penalised. You play effectivelly, then you are rewarded. No big deals in that. I hope you can understand my point.

    First of all penicilline isn't a vaccine (you shouldn't spread misinformation even if it is a joke cause you believe that no one can be so uneducated that they don't know this. There will always be someone that'll prove you wrong) it is a medicine used to treat bacterial infections. This whole year dead hard was a on and off at least on console. It only works 50% of the time at the moment and only worked properly for about 1 or 2 months in total this whole year. Therefore I don't see another problem with dead hard then the fact that it isn't working proplerly on every platform.

    If you seem to have a problem with dead hard on survivors while playing killer just adapt to it. No big deal. Assume everyone got it and make sure you don't get outplayed.

  • Dead Hard is one of the reasons why I don't want to play killer however I think exhaustion perks as a whole are unbalanced in the current state of the game and the only one that is fine is Head on.

  • I hate Dead Hard but I will say it’s easier to counter it once you figure out the survivor has it.

  • @Punitive said:

    I think it is. This meta perk has saved more lives than the peniciline vaccine itself, lol. Not only dead hard though, but also those perks that grant you a second opportunity with not a big penalisation. Of course, they are necessary, I can't realistically tell you the time I found it as a last resource and saved my life. But this not hide the fact that many of those times in which I used it was because I was the ONE who made the MISTAKE, not the killer. Interestingly, if you compare DH to the other exhaustion perks out there, they clearly work diffferent: live, sprint burst and balance landing are the ones which can reallistically create a gap between chases but these must be triggered anticipately and clarly one of them awards you from playing efficiently: smash hit. In my opinion, this last perk should conserve the benefits of the actual cooldown. In a sum, players should be penalised for their mistakes in game and not be encouraged to use meta perks because they save you again, again and again. This is what encourages a positive core of a balance skill-based game. Though, you played poorly, you get penalised. You play effectivelly, then you are rewarded. No big deals in that. I hope you can understand my point.

    Dead Hard isn't a problem, but it feels like a problem. It works well and does exactly what it is supposed to do and nothing more. It's just that what it does is effective in a way that feels bad to grapple with as a killer. You get used to it though

  • I don't hate the idea behind the perk but a good user of dead hard can make REALLY good use of it. Especially in regards to mistakes, there's times where you'll get a good read on the survivor and outplay them on a loop but before you can even capitalize on that they just dead hard back over to the pallet or something and erase your good play. It's very annoying and made all the more annoying now that basically everyone uses it these days. Not to mention the weird oddities like dead hard eating Nemesis's tentacle attacks preventing him from breaking pallets. The only thing you can do about it is that hope the person using it will use it incorrectly and just waiting it out.

1 2 ›