cheaters :)

i've never posted here before, so my apologies if any of this is out of line but i'm genuinely curious when something is going to be done about cheaters. i know the usual "make sure you report them in game / through the website" and i do- even though i'm 90% sure it does nothing.

but my question is more so when is something going to be really done about cheaters. at the highest mmr (id assume) i get a cheater once every 2 / 3 games and i've stopped playing almost entirely as a result. you can ban a cheater, but they come back 5 minutes later p3 50 all survivors / killers because you can buy accounts for $5.

in the same breath, when will DC penalty be disabled. i don't feel as if i should be held hostage in a game i have no control over the second i load into the match with a cheater.

anyway~ enjoy your day.

Comments

  • First game of the day today: I load in as a survivor in the dream world, see the Red Paint Brush icon in the lower right, hear the Huntress's lullaby, and all gens start exploding at once. I'm just about done as well. If your code/EAC is so barebones or client-sided even with dedicated servers that it can't do basic plausibility checks like "Freddy and Huntress can't exist in the same game" or "blinds can't last for 10 minutes" or "survivor health states can't cycle 15 times in under 5 seconds", then you're doing a pretty bad job so far.

    But I don't think it's a skill thing. They'd rather repeatedly milk the hackers for $5 accounts than respect their legitimate customers' time and money. Hope VHS does well.

  • yeah there are too many of them especially at high mmr

  • I see them way more than I used to , I saw one where the survivor ran to the corner with a killer chasing him, flew away and spawned like 30 default Dwights to make the killer have to down them all to get out of the corner , he DC and I honestly don't blame people for it, it's worse now than it's ever been