I think with the MMR also suffers the rating system in the endgame screen in DBD
hi,
Let's talk about the match point system in the endgame screen where you can give 1-5 points.
Online games are full of toxic behavior that can ruin the experience for players who just want to have fun. BHVR knows that there is still verbal abuse in endgame chats. The solution? Filter and let the player decide for themselves if they want to use the chat feature or not.
But what I noticed just since the MMR introduction, (I stream DBD and often watch other streamers) that the point system is often abused to evaluate the match. How often have I seen it.... You do everything right as a killer. You don't tunnel, you don't camp.... the survivor dies and still only gets 1 point because he probably didn't enjoy the match ( or is mad ). The same for killers.... All escape... Match is either not rated at all or only with 1 point.
You do not have to use this system, everyone is free to do so, but I think this system does nothing and only affects the quality of the game. I don't remember any killer or survivor ever getting a good rating in the form of the "thumbs up button" since the introduction of MMR.
How do you see it ? Do you also think that this feature is useless in the game?
regards
Comments
I know it's not useless as a certain dev has confirmed that they do look at it. I typically reserve the match rating specific maps. Indoor maps always get 1 out of 5 regardless of outcome on either side. For RPD, I stick a piece of paper on my monitor to the left of the bubbles to add a 5th circle so I can give the match a 0 out of 5 before I hit continue. Just doing my part
They said they track rates, but they don't use it for anything. Same for thumbs-ups.
and that's where I see the problem. The system is abused in my opinion and it is not evaluated correctly. If they are mad, you get a bad rating or no rating. If they are not mad, you get no rating at all and if at all not even a thumbs up.
Well, it must be there for something, right? Why else would BHVR track it. Would not otherwise make sense or ?
It's probably something they implemented with plans of going back to it later on and it just got lost in development limbo. They talked about many features throughout the years that never came to fruition. It's not unusual from them.
do you think ?, Well then it is first wait and see