MMR for survivors shouldn't be judged per player

Simple, you play this game as a team as 4 and you win and lose as 4, if my homies get destroyed and I make it out of hatch, that doesn't feel like a win so why does the mmr system count it as a win? If I loop the killer for 5 minutes and he facecamps me with NOED out of anger that doesn't feel like a loss either, I provided the escape for 3 teammates.

Please consider making the way mmr goes up and down based on the team's performance as a whole, good players will still be able to influence games going well and bad players will still naturally sink down in MMR over time, I feel satisfied personally when I give my team the W but the game disagrees

Also rank and mmr should be tied together, currently there is no reason to do well when you can just farm bp through chase and unhooks and then let yourself die on purpose for easier games

Comments

  • For the record, that first concept isn't a win, it's neutral. Hatch escapes don't count as a win or a loss for either side.

    Anyway- an MMR system should always measure the specific player, not the team. I'd be on board for it having a little bit of nuance to try and track how much you helped the team out, though.

  • This idea would encourage solo players to go for that end-game save instead of abandoning the person on the hook.