Object of obsession is confusing

So I tried running Object since i hadn't used it since the update of it and i'm just confused by it because how it's explain makes my head spin so how does Object activate and such.

Comments

  • Anytime the killer can see your aura, you can see their aura. It has a second effect if you are the obsession.

    If you are the obsession, every 30 seconds, your aura and the killers aura will be revealed to each other.

  • @DeadByDedicated said:

    Anytime the killer can see your aura, you can see their aura. It has a second effect if you are the obsession.

    If you are the obsession, every 30 seconds, your aura and the killers aura will be revealed to each other.

    I equipped OoO the other day and I wasn’t the obsession. I don’t recall seeing the killers aura. Maybe they were a stealth killer idk.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565052#Comment_2565052

    I equipped OoO the other day and I wasn’t the obsession. I don’t recall seeing the killers aura. Maybe they were a stealth killer idk.

    They could also be running no aura reading perks or addons. I don't think any killer has survivor aura reading basekit.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565081#Comment_2565081

    They could also be running no aura reading perks or addons. I don't think any killer has survivor aura reading basekit.

    I don’t know I was just surprised because my teammates weren’t running obsession perks. I mean it’s whatever I don’t use this perk much anyhow.

  • You get to see the killer’s aura when they can see yours. So if they use Nurse’s Calling, BBQ, I’m All Ears, etc. against you, you’ll see it. If you are the obsession, it has a passive effect similar to the old Object where every 30 seconds you see each other’s aura for 3 seconds I believe.

  • Here is my best explanation for it

    If the killer sees your aura you see theirs

    If you are the obsession the killer sees your aura once every 30 seconds (this also lets you see their aura because of the earlier effect)

    While the killer sees your aura you also get 2/4/6% bonus speeds on a couple actions (this is to mostly alert you that the perk is currently showing you the killers aura) and the icon in the bottom right also lights up

  • @GannTM said:

    You get to see the killer’s aura when they can see yours. So if they use Nurse’s Calling, BBQ, I’m All Ears, etc. against you, you’ll see it. If you are the obsession, it has a passive effect similar to the old Object where every 30 seconds you see each other’s aura for 3 seconds I believe.

    Okay now I understand it better.