Unnerving Presence rework/buff (+ other perks!)

I'm of the mind that there's a trio of similar-to-one-another perks which are fun in theory, and even work halfway decently in certain niche builds, but just aren't good enough to ever warrant using otherwise and could do with some kind of buff. Those perks are Unnerving Presence, Overwhelming Presence, and Coulrophobia- all similar in that they give debuffs to survivors within your terror radius.

What would I do with them? There's a simple buff I'd give to all three of them: Have the associated effect linger for a handful of seconds after the survivor leaves your terror radius, so killers other than a Distressing + Calm Doctor can actually make use of the effects. This on its own would make Coulrophobia and Overwhelming Presence workable, in my opinion, but Unnerving Presence is still far, far too weak, and can even hurt you against higher tier survivors.

Here's what I propose: Currently, Unnerving Presence both increases the frequency of skill checks, and shrinks the success zones. I would keep the first part, but instead of smaller skill checks, UP would prompt old Ruin skill checks instead. Red skill checks which only succeed if you hit the Great zone, for which you gain no extra benefit.

I think that'd make this perk decent, but not particularly overpowered. Thoughts?

Comments

  • This could be a good enough upgrade to Coulrophobia to make it a decent perk rather than basically a laugh, but it's not enough for Overwhelming.

    However, Unnerving bringing back old Ruin seems quite inspired and simple code-wise. Seems genius to me at first thought.

  • @Blazelski said:

    This could be a good enough upgrade to Coulrophobia to make it a decent perk rather than basically a laugh, but it's not enough for Overwhelming.

    However, Unnerving bringing back old Ruin seems quite inspired and simple code-wise. Seems genius to me at first thought.

    I'm not sure- increased item use is pretty decent if you don't have to be on top of survivors to make it work, it'd definitely eat into medkits. Still, it may end up needing more.

    Thanks, though! I think it'd be a pretty fun change.