Today I learnt...

That Pryamid Head had a slightly different chase theme in the PTB:

https://youtu.be/xwz9g8U8buw

Picked up the game in 2020, so I never knew about this and wanted to share.

Comments

  • And was better than the one we have now

  • @KateDunson said:

    And was better than the one we have now

    Yeah, this.

    current chase music is still great though (and my favorite of all of them), but PTB was a bit better

  • Imagine if they made it so this version plays if you get chased as Pyramid Head while playing Cheryl/her other legendaries

  • @KateDunson said:

    And was better than the one we have now

    I agree with this, to be honest. It has a lot more of a chilling atmosphere to it.

    From reading the comments, I think the Devs changed it because it was too loud..? 🤷

    But yeah, I like this one a little bit better (which is saying a lot, because here I was thinking his chase music couldn't get any more cooler.)

  • @KateDunson said:

    And was better than the one we have now

    You think? I prefere the new one but the old was great too.

  • Both are equally good imo, but I think I have a preference for the new one. I think the new one sounds a little more distressing, where as the original from the PTB is more atmospheric, I don't think it carries the same sense of urgency the new one had for a chase. Although if it were just his terror radius music, then that would be a sick transition.

  • @KateDunson said:

    And was better than the one we have now

    Which sounded less like SH

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Imagine if they made it so this version plays if you get chased as Pyramid Head while playing Cheryl/her other legendaries

    Nice idea, but we all know if they tried it would bug terribly and make the game implode.