So what time does the rift close?

As of writing, I'm on tier 64. I want to get to tier 70, have enough auric cells to get to tier 70 right now if I want to, but if there's enough time, I would like to keep playing and reduce the amount of cells I need to spend.

Rift also currently says it closes in 1 day. Will it keep reading "Closes in 1 day" until at one point in abruptly closes, or will it switch to showing the closing time as hours? because "1 day" could reasonable mean anything from 2 hours to 35, and if it's the former it's be useful to know beforehand.

Comments

  • It switches to specific hours once it gets below 24, I believe.

    EDIT: Indeed. It just ticked over a couple minutes ago.

    image.png

    So it closes at 11:00AM EST on the 13th, which makes sense as that also happens to be Grade reset time (and usually the time patches drop also).