Would you consider this as an exploit?

From what I've heard. The new MMR system is all about deaths or escapes for survivors. Basically, you increase your MMR by escaping, and you lose MMR by dying. Nothing else matters. Am I correct?

And if that's the case. If you have a free escape but decide to die just to get less experienced killers, would that be considered as an exploit or something? Just curious :)

Comments

  • Wdym by "free escape"?

    If you're asking if lowering your mmr on purpose is an exploit then in my opinion no it's not at all. I blame the dev's for making mmr so bad that people want to mass decrease it in the first place.

  • It's not an exploit, if it's that easy to do.

  • No. It works exactly as in every other game. U want to chill, don't win your games and u will never face worthy opponents.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Wdym by "free escape"?

    If you're asking if lowering your mmr on purpose is an exploit then in my opinion no it's not at all. I blame the dev's for making mmr so bad that people want to mass decrease it in the first place.

    By free escape, I meant, the exit gates are open. But you decide to die instead of leaving

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2557728#Comment_2557728

    By free escape, I meant, the exit gates are open. But you decide to die instead of leaving

    I mean you're just increasing the killer's mmr by doing that. RIP them I guess but my point still stands lol

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    From what I've heard. The new MMR system is all about deaths or escapes for survivors. Basically, you increase your MMR by escaping, and you lose MMR by dying. Nothing else matters. Am I correct?

    And if that's the case. If you have a free escape but decide to die just to get less experienced killers, would that be considered as an exploit or something? Just curious :)

    Sadly, no. BHVR just confirmed this in another post.

    MMR abuse is rife now, at least 1 in 3 games has a suicidal survivor (or an entire team running to me), or is a TTV SWF group will legacy skins and full perks obviously smurfed down to my crappy MMR to get easy games for streams.

    @R2k said:

    No. It works exactly as in every other game. U want to chill, don't win your games and u will never face worthy opponents.

    Actually, a lot of games have taken steps to combat this. LoL has an 'anti-smurf' AI that works really well and SC2 will straight up ban you for it.

    It's really worth fixing, because it not only ruins the game you were in when you sandbagged it, it's incredibly likely to drive away newer players.

    @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2557733#Comment_2557733

    I mean you're just increasing the killer's mmr by doing that. RIP them I guess but my point still stands lol

    If it gets that bad, killers will just AFK games too. And then it's going to suck for everyone.

  • Nope, it’s called reverse boosting

  • I'm already doing it, play the game normally then at the end go to the killer and give him the kill, I'm starting to have chill games finally

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/286736/would-you-consider-this-as-an-exploit

    Sadly, no. BHVR just confirmed this in another post.

    MMR abuse is rife now, at least 1 in 3 games has a suicidal survivor (or an entire team running to me), or is a TTV SWF group will legacy skins and full perks obviously smurfed down to my crappy MMR to get easy games for streams.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2557731#Comment_2557731

    Actually, a lot of games have taken steps to combat this. LoL has an 'anti-smurf' AI that works really well and SC2 will straight up ban you for it.

    It's really worth fixing, because it not only ruins the game you were in when you sandbagged it, it's incredibly likely to drive away newer players.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2557738#Comment_2557738

    If it gets that bad, killers will just AFK games too. And then it's going to suck for everyone.

    The difference is people are smurfing to beat lower ranked players in those games. In this game, you are deranking to lose to them... In other words, you are playing in such a way that merits your mmr.