Survivor Perk Idea: Tripwire
Escape a chase to earn a token. A maximum of 1/2/3 to,ens can earned in a match. Stop moving near any pallet and press the active ability button to consume a token and arm it with a tripwire.
When the killer passes through the pallet, the tripwire will drop the pallet and stun the killer. Pallets armed with a tripwire will have a yellow aura that is visible to all survivors.
-NOTES-
I understand that this perk will likely fall into the same category as Self Care with people hating on it. After all, it essentially wastes pallets that could otherwise be looped a few times.
That being said, there is definitely some strategic value here. Imagine a slug in a pallet and the paranoid killer chases all healthy survivors away before pickup. One of them could have armed a tripwire on the pallet before leaving so the pallet save occurs even if no teammates are nearby.
This could also be used in a chase to gain tremendous distance!
I’m sure you could think of some other possibly useful scenarios as well. So, what do you think?
EDIT
Originally this said “start the match with 1/2/3 tokens”. However, this could be such a powerful tool that I feel survivors need to earn the right to use it. Therefore I’ve edited the description so that it requires you to escape a chase for each token instead.
Comments
I like the idea, but I have a question- would there be any visual indication for the Killer that a pallet has been trapped, or would they have to just walk through it and get stunned to find out?
Great question! To answer I’d say “yes and no - mostly no”. By that I mean that this would be like Blast Mine where the killer can’t see the grenade on top of the gen. However, I believe that there should be a brief animation for the survivor when they set the tripwire. If the killer sees this, then he’ll know.
Also, I’m on the fence as to whether arming a tripwire should be nearly instant or if it should take a couple seconds. I’m more on the side of it being nearly instant because I think the primary use of this perk is for unsafe pallet saves. If it takes too long in these dangerous situations, it’ll never be of use.
It’s essentially a Power Struggle effect that one survivor can give to another!