It's not even fun anymore
I just really don't find it fun anymore. At this point I'm only logging in to do one or two dailies, and then I immediately stop playing. Because even those matches are just not fun. This game feels more like a chore now. I didn't start playing DBD to play a competitive game. Every match feels exactly the same. Playing as survivor is like pulling teeth. And playing Killer is even worse. Because even with killers I'm not good with, like ones who are level 15 and have basic ass perks, I'm still going against full meta sweat squads. It's boring to go against a full decked out team when you're playing a killer with 0 useful perks. Try to use other killers to gain BP, but then I have to use all of their add-ons and offerings just to do it. And I only have one killer to use BBQ on because after over 10 bloodwebs on each killer, I've yet to get it. So either I get to play with one killer all day everyday, just to farm this grindy ass game, or I get stomped every game for dozens of games until I get enough BP to unlock useful perks on other killers.
I thought if I kept getting stomped each game, I'd go against less skilled survivors and killers. Nope, just more of the same every single match. And it's just become too much of a chore, and very unwelcoming to both new and existing players. I don't want to play DBD competitively. So after 3 years of playing this game, I'm just gonna stop playing completely, and uninstall. It's not worth the headache. If I wanted to play competitive games, I'd go back to League or something.
Edit: Oh! And, I forgot to mention, even if I do extremely well and get Iridescent emblems, it does nothing for me as the grading system is broken. And after the end of every match it says there was a problem with the emblems system, and I just never get them. So there's always 0 reward for me doing well because now I'm stuck in a grade with no hope of further progression.
Comments
yeah I feel you on this, for casuals its just not fun anymore, it gets harder & harder to boot this game up :/
There is something fundamentally broken with the DBD community.
There is almost a push to remove enjoyment in the game, and if you point it out people just respond with its its not their job to play the way you want.
Everyone complains about meta, yet everybody runs it and says "oh I need it." When you don't run it and people realise they choose to capitalise on it, punishing you for trying something to change up matches.
SWF squads goes without saying, but killers will focus out the "weak link" who is generally the one player not running meta. Its the reason why no mither simply does not work. obviously it makes matches harder, I get that, but the minute killers see the no mither, they instantly focus on that player. Fun gets punished.
But tis even affected the design of killers. Killers are just not interesting or their playstyle is actually anti-fun. The Legion, the plague. Killers whose powers cannot be counted, or worse killers like the Artist whose power cannot be counted. I understand that certain loops and pallets were too strong and I am not opposing the change, however because of the push for to remove these things, survivors discovered its actually more effective to pick a direction and run then to bother looping. Making matches extremely predictable.
DBD has done well to go this long, but I'm not sure if it has what it takes to keep going, which a shame because it has so many of the right pieces.
They announced custom game bots in the last dev stream.
Probably a year out and no further details about the level of functionality they’ll have but at least it’s something to look forward to.
I’m reservedly excited at the prospect of playing DBD offline.
It won’t replace the pvp experience but it will make an option to keep playing when you tire of the pvp experience after 2 games.