Nurse is both the best and worst killer in the game.
Everyone thinks that Nurse is basically like a free win once you get good at her, but she is very very difficult to master and even harder to stay good with. Even before in red ranks, Nurse wasn't exactly the best killer in fact she was always the worst killer in nearly all the statistics after her rework. No matter how much I want to say it isn't the case it's pretty much simply a chore to play Nurse because you have to be on top of your game every game.
The only reason that Nurse is the best killer is that some players who play Nurse are amazing with her, but even they have rough matches. To stay amazing at Nurse, you need to play Nurse a lot like go a few days from playing and you will be awful when you try playing her again so constant practice.
The Nurse needs desperately to have Qol changes because all this stuff is also paired up with the fact Nurse has 4 decent addons and that's it, the other ones aren't worth running at all I wish they made it so the addons like some of the other killers made Nurse different to play instead of like useless additions and I don't even wanna start about how awful the pink addons are.
Not to mention Nurse has a lot of bugs and I mean a lot, like you cant go one game anymore without at least seeing one bug the most annoying of them all is the blink bug and the cant instantly hit after a blink bug which again I see nearly every game now.
The only reason people want to pretend that Nurse is horrifying to play against always is that they don't want Nurse to be fixed, so they say because a few Nurse mains are good nearly all the time that that's the reason why she doesn't deserve Qol changes and should stay broken.
All I want is some nice changes because it's getting kind of meh playing a buggy broken killer that never gets any positive changes ever. I don't mean to sound so pessimistic, but it kind of is awful to play as Nurse when every game you get broken buggy matches paired with just simply console issues.
(Sorry for the long thing post, but I just really am getting frustrated with the lack of information on whether or not the developers understand that Nurse isn't exactly in a good place right now.)
Comments
That’s just straight up not true. Nurse and the survivor both have to guess. Unless you are a robot or the survivor is extremely predictable, it is not possible to hit every blink.
I don't even play Nurse that often, played her a bunch when I got my new PC 2 years ago, as I was in the process of prestiging her, she got her rework. But for a solid few weeks I was on a Nurse spree, I wen't against a good mix of survivors during that time. And the large majority of blinks I got a hit.
Nowadays, I'll miss maybe 2 or 3 blinks where my intent was to get a hit and not just close distance.
So then, you’re better than every tournament Nurse and streamer that uses her…..I don’t buy it. No doubt you could dominate before MMR since the vast majority of survivors are bad. You would have a much different opinion if you player her at high MMR now.
This is still counterable. Doing a 180, even against the best killer players in the world (watching streams) will get you away and gone at least half the time. Against terrible nurses (like me), it's more like 99%
Bro, play against top tier Nurses like Supa Alf. No one is perfect so of course even a Nurse player can make mistakes… but those great ones will have you down very quickly. Faster than a Spirit can, that’s for damn sure.
I mean I don't mind recording a match or 2 if you're really doubting me that much.
Right now.
One match wouldn’t prove anything. Try consistently winning at high MMR with her. Not gonna happen because even she struggles at the highest level.
I mean I played 6 matches tonight and the worst game I had was a 2k, 8 hooks.
Wanna know on what map? Hawkins, her worst map.
Had a game against a 4 man where the person with the lowest amount of hours was 2.2k, highest was 4.3k. Map was Groaning Storehouse.
11 hook 3k, last girl got the hatch. 2 gens remaining with no slowdown.
Every time I play Nurse it always goes something like the 2nd game. She was a challenge to learn, but she's easy af to play since Survivors are barely given anything to deal with her. I've made mistakes in those games as well, that were basically plastered directly on the screen. Did it matter? No, I'm the god damn Nurse.
Anybody who denies that The Nurse is strong, a killer who ignores any defenses a Survivor throws at them and has one of the best mobility tools in the game on a 6 second cooldown is delusional. Sure Nurse at the VERY highest level will struggle, not high level MMR because that shits a joke, but tourney level. I'd damn hope she'd struggle in a tourney because you're expecting top tier survivors who are literally playing for money and have AMAZING time management. But you don't see those tourney squads in normal games that often if ever.
Thanks for proving my point. If she was truly broken, those tourney squads would get smashed. The fact that they consistently beat her shows that survivors have plenty of options to counter, but survivors are too ######### or too lazy to bother learning. People being ignorant isn’t a valid point when saying that there’s nothing survivors can do.
Here's your tournament footage of Nurse's "consistently getting destroyed"
https://youtu.be/embxAHI_-Jg https://youtu.be/8TDiUV1OK_s https://youtu.be/gupaIKGbNVw
https://youtu.be/vb00wvwUez4Nice misquote. I said the survivors would consistently get destroyed if she had no counters. I can just as easily link footage of Nurse getting 2k. It seems like sometimes she wins, sometimes she loses….how is that not balanced again? Or do you think that pyramid and head getting two hooks the whole match is balanced?
Yeah, nurse is bugged...I played yesterday some matches as nurse after a long time.
nurses power needs a rework to fit with the lore more
Yeah, but your comparison is like saying a fire extinguisher is useless but only bring up situations where a whole damn building is on fire
Tourney squads are of course gonna be able to beat any killer. But you dont go against these squads every game, hell you probably go against one or 2 a year if even that because the majority of them only play in customs.
So unless youre some top tourney nurse player which I doubt you are, you really have no excuse
You’re missing the point….if they can do it, that means it’s possible. Therefore it is incorrect to say that there is “basically nothing a survivor can do.”
Just hold W 4Head
The only reason why they can do it is communication
There is no way in hell a team of solo q's can reach the level of a tourney team.
Nope, it’s because they know how to play mindgames against her. You can learn that with or without communication.
You also seem to be implying that I struggle with her, which is not the case. I win the vast majority of my Nurse games, in large part because survivors don’t attempt to play mindgames.
No, its not because they mindgames its literally becaude gens can go by in minutes because of their communication. Watch the footage, a VERY large majority of the time the survivor doesnt last more than a few seconds in chase.
In Solo Q, you can run a Nurse for 10 minutes but it wont matter if your team is crouching in a corner with the slightest hint of Spine Chill.
Also a skill you develop as Nurse is make yourself guess less. Cover the majority of options a survivor has with 1 blink, and go in for the hit with the 2nd blink. Play like this and unless the survivor has multiple LoS blockers in a row, which aint too common on maps other than indoor maps, theyre basically screwed
There are far more LOS blockers than you are admitting, even on some of the more open maps. It is a guess most of the time since the second blink has very limited range.
Also what you said about solo queue applies to every killer. We shouldn’t base a character’s balance on “can they kill if teammates are doing nothing.” Obviously the killer will win.
*popcorn*
Basing balance around ANYTHING but what people SHOULD be doing is terrible balancing. If you base your arguments on "survivors crouching in the corner," then your entire outlook on balance makes no sense. You don't base discussions of balance on people being dumb. You base discussions of balance of people playing, if not optimally, at least at a decent level of play.
If we balanced this game around survivors urban evading around the corner of the map then killers would literally never get a single down against any survivor with half a brain and an exhaustion perk.
You, at least as a killer, ALWAYS assume that the people you're against are good unless they prove otherwise. Doing anything else is how you lose. ESPECIALLY as Nurse, who is the very definition of a snowball killer. One missed blink can literally erase your entire pressure, and Nurse who loses pressure in the middle of a game, literally just loses the game.
"Very limited range" 12m + a lunge isn't "very limited".
And the devs have proved time and time again that they dont want to balance at the very highest level of play. Theyre probably balancing towards people with high MMR
When the punishment for using said 12m + lunge is a big cooldown and a waiting period for two blinks to come back, yes it is limited range. Unless you're using blink distance AND blink fatigue addons, nurses second blink is little more than a corrective blink that you used your first blink to nail properly. If you commit to 2nd blink and miss, survivor is gone.
Her 2nd blink is never changed even with add ons (might be more with chain blink window tho, never tested it) since her blink distance only give her extra distance if she holds down the blink longer.
Also a 6 second cooldown for a power that gives insane mobility and lethality really isnt that bad considering some killers who have insane cooldowns who dont even have a fraction of the power Nurse does
I was referring to extra blink chain window fatigue, which does increase her 2nd blink
interesting, thanks
I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets it. Why is it too much to ask that people learn the game? Instead they flock to Twitter, Reddit, and the forums to complain and get easy solutions, and BHVR gives in to them. Gaming is a hobby, and hobbies require an investment. If you don’t want to improve, don’t play.