Doctor's madness 3 sound effects and sensory processing issues
I get the point of madness 3 is to be disorienting and confusing for the survivor but as someone with auditory processing issues, survivor against Doctor is almost unplayable. All the sounds are overwhelming and make me unable to focus properly on the game, and I have to turn my volume almost all the way down every time I'm in madness 3 just to try and concentrate on what I'm doing and mitigate the sensory overload, which then means I might miss out on other crucial audio around me. Plague's whispering and the sounds of the perk Whispers are annoying but bearable, but Doctor's madness whispers are far too overwhelming and throw way too much sensory input at the player along with the visual effects (which are far more bearable). It doesn't feel very fair that players like us have to choose between sticking it out in physical discomfort or even distress, turning our volume down and being at a disadvantage, or just quitting the match and eating the DC penalty.
Comments