Buffing literally every single totem perk
Today I remembered 2 things I needed to do, make this post and make sure I put it into feedback and suggestions so mods would be happy
Why are you changing totem perks when you usually tell people to use them grrrrr
Because I caaaannnn also because I feel like people don't wanna use them as thats using an extra perk slot that you would need for the 4 meta perks
So my goal? Make totem perks worth using
Small Game
You have the undeniable capability to sense danger.
Get an auditory warning when looking in the direction of Totems in a 45 ° cone within 8/10/12 metres.
Small Game has a cool-down of 14/12/10 seconds each time it activates.
For each Dull or Hex Totem cleansed by any Player, Small Game gains 1 Token:
- Each Token decreases the Detection cone's angle by 5 °, down to a minimum of 20 °.
This issue with this perk: It is very awkward to use and sometimes can take a while to find the totem if its an indoor map
What am I gonna do? I'm updating the perk
new Small game
You have the undeniable capability to sense danger.
Whenever you are within 8/10/12 meters of a dull totem, the aura of the totem is revealed to you until you leave its range. Hex perks are 25% louder
For each Dull or Hex Totem cleansed by any Player, Small Game gains 1 Token
Why did I change it like so: With the other perk changes I am doing I wanna make Small game not annoying to use, if this change is OP I am 100% willing to tweak it
Detective's hunch
Unlocks potential in your Aura-reading ability.
Each time a Generator is completed, the aura
of any generators, chests, and totems
within 32/48/64 metres are revealed to you for 10 seconds.
- If you are holding a map any objects revealed by Detective's Hunch will automatically be tracked by it
Why I wanna change it: I do personally feel like this is a very strong perk, however I wanna make sure other perks don't result in a power creep, which might happen as we have so many I wanna change it so its much stronger than it is now
New Detective's hunch
Unlocks potential in your Aura-reading ability.
Each time a Generator is completed, the aura
of any generators, chests, and totems
within 32/48/64 metres are revealed to you for 18 seconds.
- If you are holding a map any objects revealed by Detective's Hunch will automatically be tracked by it
- Cleansing a totem and opening chests are 20% faster while they are revealed
Why did I do what I did: I wanna be careful with this perk as it has large range, and having it last for 18 seconds will allow people to find 1 totem, then work on finding another or get a hint of where the others are to help you. The action speed was added so it would be faster to open/cleanse things and get to to something else, it doesn't affect gens for very obvious reasons
Inner Strength
You look inwards and trust your instincts when you feel lost and alone.
Each time you cleanse a totem , Inner Strength activates:
- You are automatically healed 1 Health State when hiding inside a locker
- for 10/9/8 seconds while injured or suffering from the deep wounds Status Effect.
Why am I changing it: Its a good perk yes, I just wanna change it as it has something that annoys me alot about it that I wanna change
NEW INNER STRENGTH
You look inwards and trust your instincts when you feel lost and alone.
Each time you cleanse a totem , you gain a token for inner strength
You can have a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens at a time
- You are automatically healed 1 Health State when hiding inside a locker for 8 seconds while injured or suffering from the deep wounds Status Effect.
Why did I change it: Its a good perk but I changed it because I am 100% positive that people get annoyed when they already activated inner strength, but then they see a hex totem and that causes you to lose 1 usage of the perk or risk using inner strength to cleanse that hex. I limited the tokens and removed the timer on how fast it is as I wanna see opinions on if I should have done this or if I did it wrong
No I am not ever wanting to call it inner healing
Counterforce
You know how to withstand an enemy stronger than you, and it starts with hunting down and knocking out their support.
You cleanse totems 20 % faster.
- Gain another, stack-able 20 % Cleansing Speed bonus per cleansed Totem.
- After cleansing a Totem, the aura of the Totem farthest from you is revealed to you for 2/3/4 seconds.
Why am I changing it: I am gonna be entirely honest with you, this perk was good on paper but bad in execution as I am pretty sure nobody uses this perk unless they are doing Jill's adept
New counterforce
You know how to withstand an enemy stronger than you, and it starts with hunting down and knocking out their support.
You cleanse dull totems 50 % faster.
You cleanse Hex totems 25% faster
- After cleansing a totem, 1 random totem will reveal its aura to you for 3/5/7 seconds
- When cleansing that totem at any time in the trial, you will gain 7% haste for 60 seconds
- Cleansing any other totem will not grant you this boost and will reveal a different totem for you to cleanse
- Cleansing a revealed hex totem will hide your scratch marks and aura for 5 seconds
Why did I change it like this: I wanted to try and make this a perk that encourages you to cleanse a totem without having to run to the other side of the map to cleanse a totem, however I also knew that the totem cleanse speed boost isn't really worth it as when you cleanse all totems, it becomes a useless perk, so I changed it in a way that it doesn't immediately become useless IF you play with the perk properly. Maps won't mark the totems revealed by this perk
Conclusion
I will do Hex perks eventually as I wanna play around with those too (And if Boons are a big big problem I will with them too)
I do however wanna say that yes, I am aware I could have accidentally nerfed or made perks OP, if I did do either of these let me know so I can tweak them when I do my Hex perks
Thank you for the long read I hope you have a nice day
Comments