PSA (Xbox): Please Disable Cross-Platform Matchmaking to Help Fellow Xbox Players

There are an increasing numbers of hackers on the PC version, but it takes an absurdly long time to find a match with Crossplay disabled.

Consider disabling Crossplay to speed these queue times up for everyone on Xbox, and leave the "master race" to deal with cheaters.

Comments

  • Aight now problem, I load up my old Xbox and play dbd on it without crossplay enabled. How do I play with my bf who only has a pc?

  • Actually, I did try to play without crossplay after encountering multiple hackers.

    After 10 minutes I was still sitting in queue so I gave up.

    Playing without crossplay isn't possible.

  • @Nos37 said:

    There are an increasing numbers of hackers on the PC version, but it takes an absurdly long time to find a match with Crossplay disabled.

    Consider disabling Crossplay to speed these queue times up for everyone on Xbox, and leave the "master race" to deal with cheaters.

    You realize it filters out Xbox1 from the new Xbox Series X/S as well, considering them different games. This creates quite the slim pool of players to match with, prolly why your queue times are atrocious. It's not really viable.

    Listen, I believe our PC cousins have several advantages over my lowly Xbox1, but the elevated number of obvious hackers hasn't risen to critical yet imo, so abandoning them is premature right now. And of course hackers hack consoles as well just far more challenging.

    @GoodBoyKaru brings up another good point even I occasionally queue up with folks on PlayStation despite not being able to talk to them.

  • I play with Crossplay disabled, but the other day I think I encountered a PC Cheater even with XBOX Crossplay disabled. I think there is a bug that ignores your crossplay settings or the game pairs you with PC players when there are not enough xbox players and you have been waiting for a long time and your crossplay setting is ignored.

  • There was a post where pc hackers can get into lobbies that dont have cross play enabled. Yeah, no, we just gotta deal with it.

  • Please don't. Those 2-3 days I could only play my fellow series players was BORING.

  • @Nos37 said:

    There are an increasing numbers of hackers on the PC version, but it takes an absurdly long time to find a match with Crossplay disabled.

    Consider disabling Crossplay to speed these queue times up for everyone on Xbox, and leave the "master race" to deal with cheaters.

    as a fellow xbox player, what lmao this is the stupidest post ever, dont make me have longer que times because of the slight chance at hackers.

  • I tried, spent 15 minutes waiting in a queue as killer, found a lobby but within another 10 minutes only one survivor joined.

    So for now, unless I'm playing with a streamer I like, I'm sticking to cross play.