More Totems like NOED?
I really think the devs need to make more totems that activate endgame like Noed or rework Devour Hope and Blood Warden to proc as an endgame totem without the hooking mechanics. I think this would increase variety for endgame builds and give survivors somewhat of a counterplay or just more incentive to leave. I had an idea called Entity's Chosen where it gives you Bamboozle, unlimited spirits fury, Enduring, and Lightborn so the survivors can't use any tools against you at the end of the game unless they break the totem.
Comments
I like this but knowing how most of the people on this forum who play survivor, which i do play every now and then will disagree because its a nerf to them. They would want a nerf to the killers as well and we all know what happens then the cycle repeats killer ask for a buff and the survivors want a nerf. That´s just my opinion.
I would also like to see more endgame curses. Once those gates are powered it's pretty survivor sided.
However my biggest request for hex's and totems, is to make hex totems dull like the rest, unless they have a perk to recognize an active hex totem.
I'm a survivor main and I find that noed actually makes any of the killers a threat and gives the game some tension.
I agree too but most survivor mains ive met here on the forums actually think that they need more buffs than killer even though they have gotten buffs at one point or another and constantly complain about NOED killers.
More NOED-like hexes means survivors will cleanse all dull totems way more often, so it would be likely to not see the perk in action very often.
So make Devour Hope better than NOED?
Peeps gown be mad as hell.
You mean survivors would have to stop doing generators for a little bit and hunt down dull totems that might not even get activated? Why is this bad?
PS: Devour Hope, made endgame, and without a hooking mechanic IS NOED.
^This
The game needs more objectives to do besides generators and a reason to do them to slow down the gen rushing. That is what Dull Totems were SUPPOSED to be. NOED just isn't common enough to make survivors go out of their way to cleanse Dull Totems. Besides, all it takes is one dead SWF member to let the entire team know if there is NOED or not.
With that said, I'd be all for Blood Warden turning into a NOED-style totem. More viable NOED-style totems = more survivors going for Dull Totems as opposed to rushing through gens.
Have you ever played with NOED just for it to not activate at all because all dull totems were cleansed? This scenario would happen a lot more frequently, and personally I feel making new perks that could be used only once in a while would be a waste. Not counting all the times the totems gets cleansed less than 30 seconds after it activates.
In any case, I don't think cleansing totems slows down the game by a noticeable amount.
Have I? yes I have. And in those games I knew I messed up, cause the game pace was markably slower, but I couldn't track down the survivors. It was my fault for being stealthed.
with a mori attached though, I think maybe remove the insta down or some other unique balance to differentiate it from NOED, I just put Devour on there cause it's one of those perks that gets cleansed before it does anything or it just wrecks survivors when theres enough hooks.