Unhide MMR
Maybe we'd have less difficulty understanding the terrible state of matchmaking if BHVR wasn't needlessly hiding the calculations from us.
Maybe we'd have less difficulty understanding the terrible state of matchmaking if BHVR wasn't needlessly hiding the calculations from us.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
There's no point in knowing and we unofficially know how they are calculating it.
The formula would make for interesting knowledge but how long would you give it before thousands of users began playing in artificial ways to exploit it?
Frankly I don't even like other characters' grades being public. It just needlessly complicates and makes everyone question things. All I want to know is how I myself am doing, I can tell if I'm in a match with people who are as good (or bad) as myself or not.
replace the grade with a picture of the character.
I'd be totally on board with that.
Instead we should ram our heads against bad matchmaking without any idea of how to improve our experience.
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that while the information would be useful to some, it would be abused by others.
That's the same lame excuse Bli$$ard used to hide MMR in Overwatch and it was a bad decision there too. It did nothing but fuel the fires as the game became more and more unbalanced.
Sorry. (*Shrug*)