Community Awards
I've been thinking about this a lot and I've noticed that nobody "gives props" at the end of matches like I do if a killer is a good dude and not a piece of crap.
I'd like to see more of a League of Legends style medal system implemented. At the end of the game, you have several choices added instead of just "give props" and "report player".
For survivor +rep, you'd have:
Team Player (teamwork)
Savior (for taking hits, saving safely, etc)
Lightborn (doing gens, blinds)
Medic (healing others)
For survivor -rep medals, you'd have:
AFK (AFK to the detriment of the team)
Rager (DC's out of spite or on first down)
Lone Wolf (basically only trying to save themselves and not contributing)
Sandbagger (doing things to screw the team, farming hooks, or working with killer)
Hacker
For killer +rep, you'd have:
Tactician (being stealthy or having dirty cutoffs, etc)
Fun Killer (fun to play against, plays the game well, etc)
Genbreaker (good map pressure)
Hunter (great at chasing down survivors without giving up the game)
For killer -rep, you'd have:
Tunneler
Camper
Troll
Hacker
None of these affect gameplay in any way, however, they are visible as "medals" next to the names of survivors and killers in pre-game and post-game lobbies. You still won't see the killer prior to game start. The reason I suggest these is so that survivors and killers have a better idea of their teammates and the killer has a better idea of the type of player he'll be going against. It also allows solo queue survivors to jump out of a game in pre-game if someone has, say, a "Rager" medal, for instance, since they know they got tagged with it enough to warrant it and they'll probably DC in this game too. It doesn't mean they will but it gives everyone information all the way around.
A good example is seeing a killer who has a "hacker" medal. This tells me he flaunts hacking enough to get it tagged to him so I probably wouldn't play that match and go queue for another. Same goes for killer, if I see survivors with that tagged medal, then I'm out.
It has nothing to do with bans but allows people to at least enjoy their games more since they know the kind of people they are playing with from both sides and promotes good sportsmanship. If you choose to play with someone who has a camper or tunneler medal, then you have no right to complain at the end of the game.
Another idea would be to give people extra bloodpoints at the end of each match played when they have +rep medals consistently given to them. Not a lot, but maybe 1k or so. After 6 months, negative medals will drop off but positive medals take 3 months to drop off if there's a lack of +rep.
These can definitely be expanded on but I'd like everyone's thoughts on this.
Comments