fixes and patches
seeing as how the latest chapter with the conobite has been quite the disaster again with maps getting disabled, the new killer being fundamentally broken and simultaneous pallet issues, I was at least mildly content with the fact that those things seem to be getting fixed one by one, but then I remembered that in order to play the patched version of dead by daylight I need to update and patch the game again and well...that's a big problem since I think it's a widely known issue, that updating dead by daylight is quite the awful experience with horrendous disk speeds and some time ago there was the issue where you had to re-install EAC every...single....time after every update for a lot of people.
As far as I know not everyone is affected by these things and some people might have never heard about them, but I know a lot of people myself that have the same issues with updating this game.
Why does it take hours to update and patch the game regardless of the size of the actual update? In my case and many other's dead by daylight is the only game on steam taking literal hours to finish an update. People are saying "it's your PC, just use an SSD lol, it's just you, what? never happened to me...my updates only take 2 seconds lamooo "
Other people suggested that it's because the way the update is packaged and extracted after the download, and if that's the case then.........why?
(at the time of writing this post the game is still being updated............despair)
just to not get re-directed into technical support, this issue is clearly on the game's end not anyone elses so don't fix my problem, fix the reason for this being a possible problem to people in the first place.
*edit while writing this post: it seems to have given up on patching the game and now resorts to re-installing half of the entire game

Comments