Just had the most amazing solo queue game in a long while (Long)
Dedicated to that one meg who was actually good, LuckyVII.
It seemed like it was just a normal solo queue game on crotus penn, and the Oni we played against had gotten his power in less than a minute into the game, and he was using both a purple and green duration addon. That is 63 seconds of yamaoka's wrath being used per activation.
One of our teammates decided it would be a good idea to just go AFK after the Oni downed two people and then let herself die early on. And the 3v1 did not last long at all since our other teammate just happened to go down again and died early on, and I fully expected to die after I found ruin the second our second teammate died, but apparently Meg was actually good at looping and managed to give me time to finish the first one.
Then there was me, and Meg. Left with 5 gens to take care of.
Miraculously, we managed to switch off of chasing and doing gens the whole game.... 5 gens all alone.
Each chase was extremely intense since almost all of them the Oni had his power up, luckily since my teammates died so quick they left us with plenty of pallets left, and I used them oh so sparingly. Each chase I had was great, didn't even take an insta-down, and same for Meg. We kept giving this Oni his power, but it didn't matter since we were both playing very well.
Anyway, we get to one gen left and I get hooked. I thought I was going to kill myself so she could get hatch, she had already proven herself worthy of it, but then she comes to save me. After that, the Oni comes back and we start the cycle again.
However before I was downed, I noticed that Meg had gotten almost half of a generator I accidentally led the Oni to. But she got hooked soon after, so I repaid her previous generosity by saving her. Then the Oni chases me again.
After this though, the Oni cuts the chase with me and leaves to go find Meg, who was probably on the generator she was just at before being hooked. So what I did was go to a hook where my teammate let herself die by going AFK to steal her medkit, and lucky for me she had a yellow medkit with one heal left in it.
So I then sneak my way across the map and finish the generator, and right as Meg is finally downed, I finish the gen right on time and her adrenaline procs. I go down and the Oni chases Meg around shack while I crawl and recover at a pallet loop. I then go into a minute long chase around that one loop. But Meg distracts the Oni with her flashlight for just 2 seconds, and I use that to run over to the exit gate I just 99'd before.
I decide to open a chest near the gate to see if I can get a medkit, but then I see Meg downed and then hooked on the other side of the map. I decide to commit opening the chest and look to see if the Oni has BW, and sure enough he did. But I had already made up my mind, I ran over to Meg and saved her.
When I ran to the exit gate after saving meg, BW was still up, but I knew it was about to end. The Oni came up right behind me and downed me, and right as his m1 cooldown was over, I was out.
Sadly, when I went to spectate Meg, I saw that she did not make it to the other gate in time and died to EGC.
I just felt the need to share this, it was an amazing match.
Fat F in chat for LuckyVII
TL:DR I had a 2v1 with a good teammate, did 5 gens with her, and survived BW towards endgame against an Oni with double duration addons.
Comments
RIP for the oni that couldn't win a 2 v 1 at 5 gens. I expect to read a post about it later... though, I'd sooner believe they felt bad about the others giving up, then someone being that bad.
But either way, it always feels nice to just be in sync with a random group... or single person in this case.