Lack of counterplay

Hello there!
Am I understanding this wrong or is there really a lack of counterplay on the killerside?
Some people are comparing NOED to DS. But against NOED I can cleanse totems (there is a total of 5 on the map), getting points for it and the killer is playing with only 3 perks.
Same goes for DH. A killer relies on the misjudgment of the survivors to get a hit, not his personal kill (I know you can bait it out or just run up his rear, but it is still a missplay of the survivor and not your skill)
Even slugging can be countered by Unbreakable.
And as a killer there is nothing you can do against a 99% sabotaged hook.
Shouldn't the killer be in the powerrole and dictate the game?
The devs stated, the game was with sneak and scare intended and not running, blinding, sabo and looping.

Comments

  • Well I disagree on DH, it's totally counterable which is why I think it's fine. However, there are alot of survivor perks that don't have "real" counters for them like DS. The counters we do have only slightly mitigate them at best, but not enough to stop them from fulfilling their goal.

  • So there IS really a lack of counterplay...
    And with DH I gave the example myself.
  • @Cymer said:
    Hello there!
    Am I understanding this wrong or is there really a lack of counterplay on the killerside?
    Some people are comparing NOED to DS. But against NOED I can cleanse totems (there is a total of 5 on the map), getting points for it and the killer is playing with only 3 perks.
    Same goes for DH. A killer relies on the misjudgment of the survivors to get a hit, not his personal kill (I know you can bait it out or just run up his rear, but it is still a missplay of the survivor and not your skill)
    Even slugging can be countered by Unbreakable.
    And as a killer there is nothing you can do against a 99% sabotaged hook.
    Shouldn't the killer be in the powerrole and dictate the game?
    The devs stated, the game was with sneak and scare intended and not running, blinding, sabo and looping.

    Nope, sometimes you get ######### on by survivors that know what they're doing. I lose some, I win most. I'm in the power role most of my games and I'm good with that.

    As far as this game originally having a sneak aspect, solely... those days are long gone. It's morphed into something else, especially when survivors found infinites and looping. The devs have practically embraced this style. You can by immersed if you want but there are just as many players that want to engage with the killer because that's where the fun is. ######### being immersed.

  • DS users are usually the obsession, so you can juggle, drop them off an edge so they stagger, run enduring, or slug them. DH (when used to dodge hits) is easily countered once you know they have it by running right behind them till they use it and then smacking them down. Against people 99%ing hooks, either run hangman's trick if you truly think it's an issue, or slug people. With the new healing speeds slugging works a ton better. Running sloppy butcher makes it even more powerful. There is counterplay on the killer side, a good killer is extremely hard to loop, and if a strong loop is used the killer has the choice of leaving the survivor entirely and chasing someone else.