Secondary Objectives

Well, despite all of the issues that have been plaguing this event. I hope that BVHR will be able to salvage some sort of data regarding secondary objectives.

The game definitely slowed down and I like secondary objectives. Although I would want them to actually have a tangible effect, rather than just blood points.

I just don’t want the whole idea scrapped because of how this one event went down.

Edit 1: be

Comments

  • Agreed. I still like the idea of having to find fuel for generators, as well. As survivor, it was refreshing to have something else to do with a BP boost, and as killer it was nice not having a 5-minute gen rush craptacular.

  • Nah, just gen-rush
  • Agreed. I still like the idea of having to find fuel for generators, as well. As survivor, it was refreshing to have something else to do with a BP boost, and as killer it was nice not having a 5-minute gen rush craptacular.

    I’d want something that assists the team as a whole and provides a decent amount of blood points. However it shouldn’t be so desirable that people will throw the game after getting it, like the plants in the current event.
  • @ModernFable said:
    Well, despite all of the issues that have been plaguing this event. I hope that BVHR will able to salvage some sort of data regarding secondary objectives.

    The game definitely slowed down and I like secondary objectives. Although I would want them to actually have a tangible effect, rather than just blood points.

    I just don’t want the whole idea scrapped because of how this one event went down.

    I hope they dont salvage any data from this event, at least even BHVR should have seen that the event has just caused a gigantic farm/suicide session.

    Maybe they understand now that secondary objectives need to be tied into the main objecitve, but then I look at hex totems and well......

  • @Keene_Kills said:
    As survivor, it was refreshing to have something else to do with a BP boost

    Yeah it's really refreshing to not have a single generator done after 5 minutes, with me hanging on the hook after a long chase and others sucking those flowers or looking for them instead of saving me or doing generators.

  • Master said:

    @ModernFable said:
    Well, despite all of the issues that have been plaguing this event. I hope that BVHR will able to salvage some sort of data regarding secondary objectives.

    The game definitely slowed down and I like secondary objectives. Although I would want them to actually have a tangible effect, rather than just blood points.

    I just don’t want the whole idea scrapped because of how this one event went down.

    I hope they dont salvage any data from this event, at least even BHVR should have seen that the event has just caused a gigantic farm/suicide session.

    Maybe they understand now that secondary objectives need to be tied into the main objecitve, but then I look at hex totems and well......

    Data can mean a lot of different things.

    Whether that be what they should or shouldn’t do. I just hope they learned a lot from the event.
  • The only data is that survivors get curb stomped every match with second objectives

  • Jack11803 said:

    The only data is that survivors get curb stomped every match with second objectives

    Hopefully they learned that the side objective needs to actually help the team in some way.

    Or else it causes a lot of problems.
  • i hated these objectives. They were no fun and only made it harder for survivors. Instead there needs to be some kind of alternate objective, that you don't have to do, but by doing so will gain something / make the killer lose something, similarly to hex perks, but not a perk and instead of the challenge being in finding it, the challenge would be in removing it.

  • @ModernFable said:
    Jack11803 said:

    The only data is that survivors get curb stomped every match with second objectives

    Hopefully they learned that the side objective needs to actually help the team in some way.

    Or else it causes a lot of problems.

    I want a secondary objective that ties directly into the generators. Fuel cans are a good idea or there could be scrap piles scattered around the map that you have to search much like the plants and once you search them you are given one salvaged engine part that you can then install into a gen allowing you to then repair it.

  • i hated these objectives. They were no fun and only made it harder for survivors. Instead there needs to be some kind of alternate objective, that you don't have to do, but by doing so will gain something / make the killer lose something, similarly to hex perks, but not a perk and instead of the challenge being in finding it, the challenge would be in removing it.

    Something more interactive than just holding down a button would be welcome.
  • Agreed, secondary objectives do help slowing the game down, thus help killers without nerfing any of the stealth and loop tools that are there for survivors. (Trapper and Hag are particularly grateful for it.) 
    I think this should be further experimented with.
    I think one of the best aspects of this event was that these objectives were not linked to props that are visible to the killer. It actually takes a bit more exploration and more navigational skills from killers (like, remembering juice locations) to find survivors.