I'm Conflicted About Pinhead

I'm really enjoying Pinhead. ...but only with Engineer's Fang and Greasy Black Lens add-ons.

I've been running BBQ, Thana, Nurse's and Deadlock, and I'm 4king every single game. Deadlock could be switched out for Hysteria or Sloppy, and I'm sure I would see just as much success.

The issue is, this can't possibly be much fun to face as survivor. Many teams have d/c'd against me, the way people often would against Iri Head, and those who stick it out find themselves in a no-win situation.

Thana pressures the team to heal, while Engineer's Fang allows me to take a health state for very little effort--therefore rendering the decision to heal a complete waste of time.


Pinhead's basekit power is rather underwhelming. I've hit 5-6 chains back to back against survivors out in the open and will still find myself struggling to close the gap faster than if I just held W. The chains are too easy to break, especially against the environment.

Comments

  • I'm still on the fence, the way I play this lunge bug of his is messing me up a lot and for the first time ever on PC I'm getting frame rate drops that are messing with me when I play as him. Hopefully when the hot fix hits (cause there's usually one 2-3 weeks after the killer launch) I can get a better actual feel for him.

    So far though his passive power definitely out shines the active power and the Iridescent Box should be how his power works base kit instead of allowing survivors to see the box at all times from anywhere on the map. Having fun using his Candle and Torture Pillar add-ons to get the chain hunt starting faster.

  • He seems like Ghostface where add ons make him 10x more fun to play

  • @Phasmamain said:

    He seems like Ghostface where add ons make him 10x more fun to play

    Unlike a lot of other killers his add-ons can actually change the play style, which is a good thing.

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493271#Comment_2493271

    Unlike a lot of other killers his add-ons can actually change the play style, which is a good thing.

    Ghostface or Pinhead? Am I missing out, cuh? I thought everyone just used recovery add ons for my boi.

  • @blankfaced said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493277#Comment_2493277

    Not really accurate. Most of them are just longer ranges for his chains/portal. The unique ones are really:

    Original Pain: Chains apply deep wounds to injured survivors. - Pretty useless because the chain you land should be the one to drop them if they're already injured.

    Impaling Wire: Spawns another chain when survivors break them on terrain. - The spawned chains are still likely to miss or do nothing at all.

    Greasy Black Lens: See survivor auras for 6 seconds after chaining them. - The chains pretty much already point you in the direction the survivor is.

    Chatterer's Tooth: You see the box and you can use it to gain undetectable for 12s. - Some potential for interesting plays. You lose the ability to force chain hunts, so you lose your map-wide pressure. (Probably the only addon he has that actually impacts the way you play him.)

    Iridescent Lament Configuration: Survivors can't see the box from further than 16 yards away until the chain hunt starts. - Useful but doesn't change the way you play him in the slightest.

    Engineer's Fang: Chains injure healthy survivors. - Useful but again doesn't change up the way you play him.

    Slice of Frank: Survivors carrying the cube suffer from exhaustion. - Again useful but doesn't change the way he plays.

    yeah, i was a bit confused by that remark as well.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    I'm really enjoying Pinhead. ...but only with Engineer's Fang and Greasy Black Lens add-ons.

    I've been running BBQ, Thana, Nurse's and Deadlock, and I'm 4king every single game. Deadlock could be switched out for Hysteria or Sloppy, and I'm sure I would see just as much success.

    The issue is, this can't possibly be much fun to face as survivor. Many teams have d/c'd against me, the way people often would against Iri Head, and those who stick it out find themselves in a no-win situation.

    Thana pressures the team to heal, while Engineer's Fang allows me to take a health state for very little effort--therefore rendering the decision to heal a complete waste of time.

    Pinhead's basekit power is rather underwhelming. I've hit 5-6 chains back to back against survivors out in the open and will still find myself struggling to close the gap faster than if I just held W. The chains are too easy to break, especially against the environment.

    I've had too many issues with hit recognition to play him and how chases don't want to start often.

    Possessed chain is a little underwhelming even at pallets to really be worth it. I mostly use it for the sake of using it rather than any benefit of slowing survivors down.

    Overall I hope he gets some tweaks, had to put him on the back burner for now.