Are custom icons and custom perk images bannable?

I just wanted to know if customizing your killer abilities and perk icons is bannable as if I were to use custom player models for certain characters. I've been looking around and I'm confused as to what is bannable and what isn't.

Comments

  • The official stance is that BHVR won't ban you for doing so, but if the anti-cheat picks it up and bans you for whatever reason, BHVR won't help you.

    Basically it's a "do it at your own risk" kind of deal. I personally use custom icons, as do many streamers and other content creators, and I've never heard of any cases of someone being banned for it, so you'll likely be fine.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    The official stance is that BHVR won't ban you for doing so, but if the anti-cheat picks it up and bans you for whatever reason, BHVR won't help you.

    Basically it's a "do it at your own risk" kind of deal. I personally use custom icons, as do many streamers and other content creators, and I've never heard of any cases of someone being banned for it, so you'll likely be fine.

    So basically any modification to the game may result in bans but BHVR doesn't ban people for it?

  • Technically yes it is bannable. As @Superyoshiegg stated - BHVR will not help you in the event EAC one day decides to recognize it as a modification not allowed. I personally don't take the risk because I have over 4k hours in game and would hate to lose it for a frickin cosmetic modification.

  • @7eewilsmi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2492861#Comment_2492861

    So basically any modification to the game may result in bans but BHVR doesn't ban people for it?

    Theoretically, but as I mentioned, I've never heard of anyone actually being picked up by the anti-cheat and banned for swapping PNGs in the game files. It's just a precautionary statement that takes responsibility off of BHVR if something does happen.