SBMM Might Hurt The New Killer Player Count

I feel like imo that the SBMM will hurt the Killer player count as there are many killers to play but, only a few can deal with the better teams in SBMM. I had a Wraith player a couple nights ago who was new to the game and I felt bad for the guy because they couldn't catch anyone and 4 gens popped and than they DC'd.

I know this won't be a thing but, maybe add an option if you want SBMM on or off. Sure the old ranking system didn't work to well but, I feel like it's a better option for the new killer players so they won't have to deal with these strong survivor teams.

Comments

  • I doubt it would hurt them more than rank did.

  • That's always been the case though. If anything, SBMM might help as in theory it will put brand new survivors with brand new killers but DBD has ALWAYS had an insanely difficult learning curve for the killer side.

    The game just doesn't do a very good job of teaching new killers the ins and outs of the position (let alone the individual powers of killers) and is very trial and error for new players unless they go to outside resources to learn. Even then, it's pretty common for there to be at least a week or two of growing pains for brand new killers.