three days of playing as and against pinhead
I'm definitely getting the hang of pinhead.
With base kit, his M2 is completely useless. 75% of the time I use it, I would've been better off just chasing the survivor and M1ing them, 20% of the time I miss, and the other 5% they're helpful for slowing down a juke-master and helping me get a hit in. As a survivor, chains are a blessing, because I can just wipe them off on the nearest crate, and it means the killer has wasted his time.
He's really all about slowing down and stalling the survivors, so chain hunt starts without them getting the box. Or they get the box and solve it, but that slows them down a different way. I didn't get Dying Light or Thrilling Tremors this trip through the bloodweb, but I'd imagine they'll be super-effective with him when I do get them.
Comments
If I could just spam his M2 like doctor I think it would be a lot more useful.
Or, as EVERYONE HAS BEEN SAYING SINCE PTB, his chains should not break on the environment, and walking into his chains should not break them. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be hung on a hook to think about how bad their ideas are.
I don't care at all about perks that increase the casting range, turn speed, or travel range of chains. those are completely useless. Chains are weak sauce to begin with. Making them weak sauce at a distance just makes them even weaker. Either I summon a chain right in a survivor's head and nail them instantly, or I've wasted a chain.
I only care about perks that increase box solving time, and the purple and iridescent perks.
OMFG Pinhead + DH + Ruin + Plaything is AMAAAAAZING! They're so busy finding totems they miss the box and get chain hunted, and Plaything adds "fake" hex totems every time you hook someone!!! 💘💘💘💘💘💘💘
If I get retribution in this build I will be UNSTOPPABELALALLDLELEBELEBLE!