Why is surge used so much on legion?
to me it seems like the worst gen regression perk. other than maybe eruption. I never understood why i see legion mains run this perk alot. is it cause they dont have a way to down with there ability? thats the only reason i could see and even that doesn't seem worth it.
Comments
Few reasons
It's used in conjunction with Pop. You can only down people using M1, so you can use surge to hit gens close to you then use a tracking perk to use Pop in a more crucial moment
I don't wanna say Otz 'popularised' it, but he certainly recommended it quite a lot and used it in his streak video and in his guides/tutorials if I'm not mistaken
It's not a bad perk for m1 killers! It just sucks on a lot of killers who can down using their power.
Legion is a basic m1 killer. Surge only activates on basic attacks. Legion gets a ton of use from surge because he will literally never not be able to activate it when downing survivors, same with wraith and mikey.
I still don't see the reason, why not just run pop and not waste a spot on surge then spend that spot on something actually worthwhile, when i play against a killer with surge and they use it im like ok, and just hop back on it, its just a bad perk.
I disagree, I don't think Surge is a bad perk.
I use it on my legion, I get pretty decent use out of it in most of my games - helps keep the pace up since I don't have to kick every gen I come across that has progress if I down someone near one.
the 8% regression could mean the difference between the gen getting popped, as well. People also pair it with Thana which makes gen regression perks hurt even more.
Overall, it's not the best perk but for Legion it's pretty good. Saves you time, helps control some gens.
Because Surge is completely passive.
Pop is really bad on m1 killers, you have to go out if your way to use it and you have no way of making up for lost time. The moment an even slightly sweaty team comes along, your ability to kick gens flies out the window.
Surge lends itself better to Legions far more aggressive playstyle, and takes advantage of survivors spreading out because it means gens have time to regress. And, as I said, it is COMPLETELY passive. You just hit people and gens explode - no setup, to fuss. Down them, hook them, on to the next chase without wasting a further 15 seconds of your own time.
Surge isn't a bad perk, it's a great perk on certain killers, including Legion. Legion cannot down survivors with their power, meaning they'll always down survivors by M1ing them.
For instance: I play an aggressive Clown, so I run it on my Clown instead of using PGTW on him, simply because his ability to down survivors quickly, largely benefits from Surge. Clown is also an M1 killer so I'll guarantee a down by M1ing them, and get that sweet, sweet regression.
And using the pinky finger on Clown with surge = sweet sweet maximum surge value, with a slight chance of post game salt.
That the thing surge trigger on a nearby gen and you can use pop for another gen. Surge alone is not enough but surge, pop, and thrilling tremors are amazing on legion. Add a 4 perk of your choice to that and you have a good build for legion or any M1 killer who cant down with there power.