Survivor perk ideas

So I was thinking about the situation that we have with stretched resolution.

This is the only game where changing your resolution actually affects your FOV, that I've ever come across. The closest example I can think of is stretching the resolution in an FPS game to increase the number of pixels that encompass a head, making it easier to see and hit, and even that is quite dubious, in my opinion.

But it made me think of a perk idea that hinges on the idea of this odd interaction being fixed. I haven't got any name ideas, so feel free to suggest some if you like the idea the perks I suggest:

----------- Survivors get an increased FOV, to the same effect as Monitor & Abuse and Shadowborn.

Now this may seem strong given the issue with stretched resolution, but right now that's for two reasons:

-It's not an intended mechanic of the game;

-It's incredibly pronounced right now.

My suggestion is that it would need to be much more minor a change than we get right now, as such as not to provide an unfair advantage, but this would also mean that 'sweatier' survivor players would actually require the use of an entire perk slot in order to get the effect they currently get for free, thus potentially reducing the amount of meta perks in a given game, if it's that important to a given player.



Now, because of this I began thinking of game augmentation for survivor in general, and thought of two pretty simple perks that could honestly be interesting, while not necessarily some new meta breakers.


-----------Reverse Monitor & Abuse.

Now I have two possibilities for this in mind:

-Either it works exactly like Monitor & Abuse with regard to Terror Radius Augmentation or;

-It simply flat increases the killer's TR so long as they're not undetectable or the survivor is not oblivious.

-This perk would also mean that while in chase, the survivor is oblivious.

It's not exactly a massively original perk idea, but I feel it simply fits well with the game and has a theme of augmenting the way a survivor perceives the trial without really affecting the outcome of the match in a direct way.



As well as this, I thought of another perk that if too strong or perceived to be unfair, could simply be used as a boon perk pretty well, in my opinion.

----------Counter undetectable/oblivious statuses.

-This idea isn't quite just 'undetectable doesn't work' but instead has the caveat that if in chase, the red stain is visible even in the case of the undetectable or oblivious statuses, but the TR should remain hidden even so.

-If a boon perk, I would say that this should apply to all survivors until the killer has removed it, however.

I feel that this perk fits really well with the theme of changing the perception for survivors and would honestly combo really well with the previous perk that I suggested.


If these, or anything at all similar, ever came into the game, I could see them coming with a single survivor as they're all pretty closely related in theme. It would fit someone who is actively aware of their surroundings, so that could be cool, too.

Comments