Feedback on Pinhead
i am generally really enjoying Pinhead. i'm so glad you were able to add him! I have some feedback about the experience, as someone who plays both sides.
1) Voicelines. Many are sad they're gone, yes. If it truly cannot come back, then I'd like some more time put into audio development to give us more dramatic music/sound effects inspired by the movie to replace what was lost, because right now the hole where the audio was is pretty jarring and not dramatic enough.
Related, but Chatterer's chattering should be heard at all times by survivors within a certain close distance, and intermittently by the killer himself (or maybe constantly at a low level, ASMR-like, and then up the volume in chase?), in addition to when it activates now. It'd just be cooler and scarier, since it's an iconic sound for him.
2) Concerning mechanics around The Box. I feel like the Iri Add-on Lament Configuration power should be base kit. When the Chain Hunt is not in effect, there's no reason to show the Box to every survivor across the whole map. In fact, it's very detrimental to the feeling of drama, suspense and desperation. I'd like more of the box hunt to be mysterious and frantic, and not just handed to survivors all the time. I suggest replacing this add-on power with something much more dramatically powerful and impactful. Something like after teleporting to a survivor, the survivor is Exposed for 16 seconds.
It would also help if Pinhead could see or hear the Box much more clearly when within close range (8m?), because the box is so tiny and easy to miss.
I still think the box should use the yellow glyph gameplay instead of just two normal checks. You can adjust the speed or amount of checks with add-ons, but it'd be so much more interesting and feel more like a puzzle box. You messed with skill checks for the Doctor and that's one of the most fun and unique things about him. I'd like to see something like that here as well, since the Box is so iconic.
Chain Hunt should only end once a survivor solves the box, not as soon as anyone picks up the box. It's too easy to disrupt Chain Hunt right now with everything the survivors have going for them.
Overall I like the way many of his add-ons change how I play him, and it's very fun, iconic and true to the film. However, I find the add-ons that adjust the chain control to be not really worthwhile or interesting.
I'm looking forward to what you do next with him!
Comments