MMR at Rank/Grade 1 Killer

Once I got back up to Grade 1 (where you don't lose Grades anymore even if you play poorly) every single match no matter which killer I play, even if its the new one or one that I have barely played at all maybe a few times in my life, I seem to consistently go against "pro level" "best of the best" Survivors.

In Red Ranks/Grade up until I reached #1 I was playing the new Killer who I had 0 experience with and actually playing fair balanced matches, which was fun, perhaps even slightly too easy at times.

Now that I'm stuck at #1 I've tried playing a ton of different Killers, including ones that I have almost no experience with, and I am only facing top Survivors using meta perks, all 4 Survivors I Only see Perks like DS, BT, Iron Will, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard, Unbreakable, Resilience and practically nothing else.

Sure, I'll admit it is kind of nice to Not lose my Grade #1 when I get the equivalent of "entity displeased" and pretty much completely lose a match with 0-1K and 3-4 Escapes. Not depipping does seem to take a bit of the stress off, but I still can't seem to get enjoyable/balanced/fair matches when I am testing out newer killers, which is what I was hoping for the most with this MMR update.

Perhaps it could just be the time I was playing, I'm not sure, have any of you also experienced this or has it been the way it's supposed to be for you? I actually had great games Rank 4-2 but #1 it started to get crazy on all my killers.

Comments

  • Rank was very poor for Matchmaking. And Grades have exactly nothing to do with Matchmaking at all, even if you have a Grade of Iridescent 1, this does not matter at all for Matchmaking.

    You are most likely boosted because SBMM was already calculated while Ranks were used for Matchmaking, so you went against weaker opponents all the time and now you are at a Level where you dont belong. This should resolve itself after some games.

  • Grades mean nothing, it's just a measure of how much you've played.

  • its like 12 hours in. Give it time all the sweat lords are out to prove their superiority.

    I think limiting Swf's to duo only would make a difference.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Rank was very poor for Matchmaking. And Grades have exactly nothing to do with Matchmaking at all, even if you have a Grade of Iridescent 1, this does not matter at all for Matchmaking.

    You are most likely boosted because SBMM was already calculated while Ranks were used for Matchmaking, so you went against weaker opponents all the time and now you are at a Level where you dont belong. This should resolve itself after some games.

    No, I mean literally earlier today during SBMM system active I played Pinhead from Rank 4 to Rank 1.

    All of my matches up until "Grade 1" were actually fairly balanced and I was definitely not facing super sweaty Survivors, it felt like the SBMM was actually working and realized that I am playing a Killer that I am new with.

    Then THE MOMENT I hit Grade 1, EVERYTHING changed.

    Ever since I hit Grade 1 I have ONLY faced the Top Sweaty Survivors even when I'm playing either the new killer or other killers that I barely have any experience on. I wouldn't be surprised to face them on my Main Killers, but it's happening even on Killers that I am new with, which to my understanding was the whole point of having separate MMR per killer..

    If what you say is true, and Grades really don't matter at all anymore, which is my understanding as well and I agree with you, then when I play a Killer that I am new with I should be facing Survivors that aren't clearly top level and using only Meta perks. That should happen when I play the Killers that I am good on and play a lot, but not the killers that I am still very new to and have not actually raised my MMR for yet.

    Does that makes sense? I am pretty sure that was the point of each killer having their own rating.. but once I hit Grade 1 it seems like that was thrown out the window - and yes I felt like it was working correctly until then from my experience earlier, but then it all changed, when it shouldn't because Grade shouldn't matter as you said.

    So my Question is whether or not any one else has experienced this happening at Grade 1 since the new SBMM update? Because it's just strange to me that all the sudden my match difficulty rose tenfold as soon as I hit Grade 1, and it has stayed at that higher level difficulty regardless of what killers I choose to play. But when I was Red 4-2 I actually did not feel this.

  • Grades don't affect matchmaking. At all.

    What's more likely is in getting to grade 1 you acheived somewhat of a win steak, which increased your MMR.

    Then as the day went on, player numbers decreased, and your higher MMR had fewer like matches to pull from, placing you against the next nearest matches, who also had higher MMR.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Grades don't affect matchmaking. At all.

    What's more likely is in getting to grade 1 you acheived somewhat of a win steak, which increased your MMR.

    Then as the day went on, player numbers decreased, and your higher MMR had fewer like matches to pull from, placing you against the next nearest matches, who also had higher MMR.

    This seems very possible, and I have certainly considered it as the most likely possibility.

    I hope that's the case, but I'm still a bit shocked the game considers my "MMR" to be so high even on the Killers I never touch.

    EDIT: The last match I had, each Survivor I faced has at least around 3k Hours on the game.. and I was playing a Killer I myself only have a few hours on max.