Deliverance & escaping

Hey, so I solo queue a majority of the time and have built the most awful build possible with deliverance, decisive, dead hard and spine chill. Now when I solo queue as I'm sure everyone's aware you simply get abandoned by your team the second the gates open.

I've played so many games where I'll have deliverance ready and then take a hit for a team mate I'll go down and they just leave, I get hooked and immediately die. My question is why on earth if I've not been hooked the entire game can I not get a single escape attempt to get off the hook if I'm the last survivor in the trial. Even if the killer face camps me I get off decisive is available and i can stun and also escape why do you insta die if you get hooked for the first time if you're the last surviving in the trial.

Comments

  • Because the killer can just slug you until your broken wears off so unless you got hooked really close to the exit gate, you are going to die.

  • I get it, it's frustrating. I've been in this exact scenario and yet.. I feel shame if I haven't been hooked yet by the end game because ideally, you should be sharing hook states with your teammates.

    I think of the game not allowing you to take your chances as a punishment for not doing that but still ehhh it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but at the same time it does since if there are absolutely no other survivors left in the trial you die immediately on hook. It's just always been like that

  • @Crowman said:

    Because the killer can just slug you until your broken wears off so unless you got hooked really close to the exit gate, you are going to die.

    They normally hook you closest to the gate since everyone else has left already and can't slug because if you unhook yourself they hit you and pick you up again then you use DS to get off and dead hard let's you dodge a hit so you should escape unless you're just unlucky

  • @ukenicky said:

    I get it, it's frustrating. I've been in this exact scenario and yet.. I feel shame if I haven't been hooked yet by the end game because ideally, you should be sharing hook states with your teammates.

    I think of the game not allowing you to take your chances as a punishment for not doing that but still ehhh it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but at the same time it does since if there are absolutely no other survivors left in the trial you die immediately on hook. It's just always been like that

    Ideally you should share hooks but idk about you I end up getting tunnelled most the time and then just abandoned its very rough as a mainly solo player letting you use deliverance after you've been abandoned and pairing it with DS would make being solo more bearable imo

  • I'm pretty sure they don't let the last Survivor left attempt unhooks because they can just sit on the hook until the EGC runs out or you run out of hook timer, thus delaying the end of the game. Odd considering that I've been slugged while the Killer stands on my inert body until my bleedout timer has expired... you'd think they'd give the last Survivor in that case a "give up" option so you didn't have your time wasted. Lol

  • I'd like to add some bits:

    Deliverance is a strong early - mid game perk. While it can be used late game as long as everyone hasn't left yet it starts to get risky when used that way.

    Decisive Strike is an extremely powerful late game perk. I understand the idea behind using them together for end game but this is what leads to my next point which is Deliverance is so much better in a SWF / with communication over solo queue. Sadly there is no real way of telling your solo Q teammates that you have it other than pre game lobby chat and even then maybe they don't understand all the intricacies of it.

    For solo queue I would recommend running a different perk. Maybe DS Unbreakable or Adrenaline. Adrenaline is extremely solo queue friendly.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I'd like to add some bits:

    Deliverance is a strong early - mid game perk. While it can be used late game as long as everyone hasn't left yet it starts to get risky when used that way.

    Decisive Strike is an extremely powerful late game perk. I understand the idea behind using them together for end game but this is what leads to my next point which is Deliverance is so much better in a SWF / with communication over solo queue. Sadly there is no real way of telling your solo Q teammates that you have it other than pre game lobby chat and even then maybe they don't understand all the intricacies of it.

    For solo queue I would recommend running a different perk. Maybe DS Unbreakable or Adrenaline. Adrenaline is extremely solo queue friendly.

    I was running adrenalin in place of spine chill before but if you proc deliverance and the gates get powered then you don't get healed found it really 50/50 when you have deliverance aswell. But I guess there's trade-offs for everything when SWF deliverance has been exceptional but solo I find it so underwhelming because the fact your team-mates simply play for themselves most the time

  • @Hippie said:

    I'm pretty sure they don't let the last Survivor left attempt unhooks because they can just sit on the hook until the EGC runs out or you run out of hook timer, thus delaying the end of the game. Odd considering that I've been slugged while the Killer stands on my inert body until my bleedout timer has expired... you'd think they'd give the last Survivor in that case a "give up" option so you didn't have your time wasted. Lol

    Yeah I get that I feel like they could fix it by adding to the deliverance perk that they get one unhook if they are the last survivor in the trial. If you don't have deliverance and are last alive I agree it should insta kill you

  • There had been a time where the last survivor would go through both hook stages, but they'd be petty and wouldn't let themselves go. They'd just sit there for the two minutes for the sole purpose of wasting the killer's time. That said, if the last survivor did use Deliverance or Kobed, they'd just get slapped back down and either be put right back on the hook or left slugged for a minute to avoid DS.

    It may seem miserable to not have a chance at escape, but it really is for the better to just negate all that tomfoolery. Not quite unlike old hatch stands; I do NOT miss those.