Steam Maintenance
So, obviously steam maintenance kicks all pc users off - whether it is out of a current match or prevent them from logging on.
My question is, why, and is there anything that can be done to prevent it? It's fairly easy to forget around 7pm est there is maintenance coming soon (you can easily lose track playing the game too). I know why it can't load during steam downtime, because of steam cloud but why would it kick it out of the match?
My thoughts would be it doesn't rely on steam servers in match because windows store/console aren't effected (that I'm aware of) - and that whatever is sent off to steam cloud (bp, pips, etc) can be queued up when back online (which is usually not too long).
I don't know if it's out of bhvr's hands, but just thought I'd put up a discussion around it, since it's quite frustrating to get a dc penalty for it, as well as losing all your bp from a match.
Comments