Any other wraiths hooked on bamboozle + shadow dance?

I know, I know....we are all supposed to be "hit and run" wraiths, but that playstyle doesn't work for me. By the time I've FOUND the next survivor, the first injured survivor is already healed by someone.

Playing a "chase" wraith, I struggled until I hit upon Bamboozle + Shadow Dance. You can cut off any jungle gym (and force the pallet drop, which you can chew through in a second even without brutal or fire up) which leads to a virtuous cycle of pallet drops. My normal first chase involves 4 or 5 pallets destroyed, and (unless three gens pop in that time) at that point you've made half the map into a dead zone and should do well (where you are even more lethal than a normal dead zone since you can short-circuit good vaults).

In my view, except for maybe Bubba or a T3 Myers, nobody synergizes with Bamboozle better than Wraith. Just curious if anyone else plays this way, I've had many survivors tell me they didn't expect a bamboozle wraith.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Triforcer said:

    I know, I know....we are all supposed to be "hit and run" wraiths, but that playstyle doesn't work for me. By the time I've FOUND the next survivor, the first injured survivor is already healed by someone.

    Playing a "chase" wraith, I struggled until I hit upon Bamboozle + Shadow Dance. You can cut off any jungle gym (and force the pallet drop, which you can chew through in a second even without brutal or fire up) which leads to a virtuous cycle of pallet drops. My normal first chase involves 4 or 5 pallets destroyed, and (unless three gens pop in that time) at that point you've made half the map into a dead zone and should do well (where you are even more lethal than a normal dead zone since you can short-circuit good vaults).

    In my view, except for maybe Bubba or a T3 Myers, nobody synergizes with Bamboozle better than Wraith. Just curious if anyone else plays this way, I've had many survivors tell me they didn't expect a bamboozle wraith.

    In the time u break all pallets a good team is already waiting at exit gates t bagging.

  • Wraiths strength is his sheer mobility and option selection, its never really that effective to run shadow dance with bamboozle and brutal. Breaking pallets faster and vaulting windows faster isn't that great when you can have any of the following:


    -A silent bell

    -Sort of silent bell

    -Constant aura reading

    -A Faster cloak/uncloak

    -Significantly faster speed

    -Uncloaking when kicking things

    -Continued supression of your TR and red stain for 6 seconds

    All of these provide a much bigger benefit than "Destroy things faster and vault faster"

  • Nah i don't like Bamboozle on him, not enough benefits since he shouldn't have to deal with most windows anyway, thanks to his awesome lunge.

    But i like the hit-and-run style even less, i play more like how you describe you play.

    Shadow Dances are ones i pretty much only put on for the Anti-Pallet meme build.