Finally I bring up NOED (yeah rant and vent)

Oh dear, after all this time I spent here, I finally have to make my own NOED post.

I do 2 gens. I chase the killer for 3 minutes in total. I rescue 5 survivors. I see a totem next to us while Meg and Yui do the last gen. I begin doing it. It lits up and I'm happy to get NOED out, but all of a sudden Pig comes out of nowhere and downs me. I don't panic, the remaining survivors know precisely where NOED is. But I was wrong. They triggered EGC and ran out. To clarify, Pig went to the completely wrong gate on the other side of the map. Therefore, they had more than enough time to both rescue me and get rid of NOED. But no. After getting injured ONCE and doing all of that, I die on my first hook due to that one stupid little perk.

And no, in solo q, doing bones doesn't work. there are 5 of them, and you have to do gens since your team is usually gen-phobic. Doing only a part of them also isn't an option. Your team mates won't even touch totems.

Why can't something be done about it so people that have straight up never been seen by the killer/ never been caught won't die on their first hook?

Let's face it. It's cheap. It usually gets the killer at least one kill. And a lot of the time it's purely unearned.

Oh did I mention this Pig got 360d 5 times in a row? Yeah, she definetly that NOED kill.

Comments

  • @Torsti56 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476008#Comment_2476008

    Exactly what I was thinking. Those survivors would leave you on hook even when there is NOED in play. Also OP had 5 saves so they both were on deadhook and no one in normal solo que goes to save in that situation. Just bad luck and I would rather blame teammates than NOED.

    Only one of them was on death hook.

    I would personally save when I not only know where NOED is, but the survivor is also close to the gate and the killer far away.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    Oh dear, after all this time I spent here, I finally have to make my own NOED post.

    I do 2 gens. I chase the killer for 3 minutes in total. I rescue 5 survivors. I see a totem next to us while Meg and Yui do the last gen. I begin doing it. It lits up and I'm happy to get NOED out, but all of a sudden Pig comes out of nowhere and downs me. I don't panic, the remaining survivors know precisely where NOED is. But I was wrong. They triggered EGC and ran out. To clarify, Pig went to the completely wrong gate on the other side of the map. Therefore, they had more than enough time to both rescue me and get rid of NOED. But no. After getting injured ONCE and doing all of that, I die on my first hook due to that one stupid little perk.

    And no, in solo q, doing bones doesn't work. there are 5 of them, and you have to do gens since your team is usually gen-phobic. Doing only a part of them also isn't an option. Your team mates won't even touch totems.

    Why can't something be done about it so people that have straight up never been seen by the killer/ never been caught won't die on their first hook?

    Let's face it. It's cheap. It usually gets the killer at least one kill. And a lot of the time it's purely unearned.

    Oh did I mention this Pig got 360d 5 times in a row? Yeah, she definetly that NOED kill.

    I know that feeling. Looking for bones is much more easy to handle on SWF.

    If u are playing solo Q u can be happy if u or your teammate clean ruin undying relatively soon.


    As Solo Q, u have no time to explore all the map looking for all bones. Let´s be realistic. And the search also becomes inneficient because most of the times survs will explore already explored areas and we don´t have the count of totems. SWF can count the totems without using a perk.


    So....again....what is unbalanced is the solo q. Weakest role of the game by far.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476856#Comment_2476856

    Only one of them was on death hook.

    I would personally save when I not only know where NOED is, but the survivor is also close to the gate and the killer far away.

    Okay, one of them was on death hook. NOED in solo ques is warning to get out as soon as possible. Sure right thing to do was to save you but same thing had happened to me hundreds of times at my 2000 solo que hours and I've been saved 3-5 times so I always expect to die at that point. NOED is easily counterable and I prefer to look for totems if you have at least 3 gens done with 1 or 2 hooks. I made a test couple of months ago where I went without any totem aura reading perks for 5 games. At 2 games it took only 1.5 minutes to find all 5 totems, 2 games it took little bit over 2 minutes and in one game one totem was at perfect hiding spot. My main point still is to not blame killer for bringing perk when there is 2 survivors who would easily rescue you but rather they take their 5k escape points than risking their lives to get you out.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476835#Comment_2476835

    The killer caught my potato team mates, not me. Whenever the killer chased me, after > 1min of not getting close to getting me they just went somewhere else.

    Yeah so? The killer managed to down and hook your team mates multiple times, but choose to not chase you. Thats playing smart, if you cannot catch a very good survivor, target the lesser good ones.

    You said Noed earned him an undeserved kill. Imo, when the killer managed to get 6 out of 12 hooks, going out of the game with a kill is not undeserved. He could have even 2 kills with that (by tunneling / camping). That he got you with his Noed sure sucks, but he likely would have gotten one of you without it as well. So it does not change much.

    Sure there are games where Noed gives the killer undeserved kills, but yours is not one of them, imo. It could have been if your mates had decided to stay and all die to your pig. Having a killer not hook anyone before all gens are done, and then getting a 3k / 4k after that, THAT is undeserved (or played badly by the survs).

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476849#Comment_2476849

    Yeah so? The killer managed to down and hook your team mates multiple times, but choose to not chase you. Thats playing smart, if you cannot catch a very good survivor, target the lesser good ones.

    You said Noed earned him an undeserved kill. Imo, when the killer managed to get 6 out of 12 hooks, going out of the game with a kill is not undeserved. He could have even 2 kills with that (by tunneling / camping). That he got you with his Noed sure sucks, but he likely would have gotten one of you without it as well. So it does not change much.

    Sure there are games where Noed gives the killer undeserved kills, but yours is not one of them, imo. It could have been if your mates had decided to stay and all die to your pig. Having a killer not hook anyone before all gens are done, and then getting a 3k / 4k after that, THAT is undeserved (or played badly by the survs).

    The kill itself wasn't undeserved, killing me was undeserved. If anyone else died due to NOED, maybe it would have been better because they were all hooked.

    The killer had a kill anyway, that's why we were 3 in egc.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476793#Comment_2476793

    I gotta say this was pretty funny.

    Oh dear don't tell me anything about my precious second chance perks because the only one I have equiped is DH, and maybe adrenaline if you consider it so. Not to mention I usually switch DH to SB. Once more I have to say that my issue isn't finding the totems, my issue is that I don't have the time to look for them.

    Lmao you statement regarding how I play incorrectly if I rely on my team. Sorry, but do you like EVER play solo q? Believe me, anyone with more than 67 brain cells will know how unreliable solo q teams are. How wonderful, a team game. But guess what, if I am the only one that touches gens, while my team either crouches in bushes or stays in lockers, I can't afford not doing my objective so if I somehow manage to do it later my life gets easier.

    Solo Q is 1v4. Please just stfu, everyone agrees that solo q is hell because of how bad your team can be. And if you have some team mate that drops every pallet, at that point there are 2 killers in the game.

    If solo q would be brought to swf level, then killers could recieve buffs so swf is less powerful and solo q won't become unplayable.

    So it's okay for you to equip and use a 2nd chance perk, but when a killer does the same you cry noob killer (double standard) and demand the perk to be nerfed and even go to the length of blaming the killer perk instead of your team's bad play ?!! (Salty chips)

    you say that your issue is not having the time for them due to your team being bad. but let me ask you this; what does this have to do with NOED ?!! NOED did not make your team play bad. Also if your team was as bad as you claim then the Killer should've finished the game before you finished 5Gens, which means the killer was just as bad, so clearly you had time, unless you're also as equally bad as your team, then it was a normal match where the killer got one kill and 6 hooks (sadly for him).

    Yes i play SoloQ, and my claim still stand, this is a team reliant game (survivor role), if you can't rely on your team then you are playing incorrectly. Having bad teammates is nothing out of the ordinary and it is part of the experience in a team based game. And having bad teammate have nothing to do with your opponent nor his perks.

    "SoloQ is 1v4, Please just stfu". saying stfu ain't changing the fact that IT IS A 1V4. and who's everyone ?, i'm a soloQ player and i'm telling you you're wrong.

    "I am the only one that touches gens" You said you've done 2 Gens, so how come you've reached EGC if not for your teammates HELPING doing gens eh?!!. Do you think the Killer is not being pressured by them ?!!!

    If SoloQ becomes as YOU WANT where a single player can dominate solo without the help of the team then the balance is massively in favour of survivors since it is a 1v4. And in turn it makes SWF even stronger and most killers become unplayable.


    "If solo q would be brought to swf level, then killers could recieve buffs so swf is less powerful and solo q won't become unplayable."

    Thank God you're not a dev at BHVR.

    Buff SoloQ to swf level = Making most killers have no chance winning, and in process making SWF even stronger.

    Buff Killer so swf is less powerful = You do realize that in turn nerfs SoloQ right!!


    Anyway i'm done with this "I'm salty because i died on my first hook, but instead of blaming my team bad play, i'll blame the killer perk" nonsense. Git Gud and have a good rest of your day, bye.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476087#Comment_2476087

    Oh how wonderful, checking your browser and deleting your comment.

    This thread wasn't about survivor second chance perks. Please don't derail the thread.

    But since you already did, fine. I am a killer main and I definetly hate second chance perks. I had at some point a Dwight that used DH cuz he screwed up, had bt on him prior to that, DSed me after i actually left him alone and got someone else then had adrenaline timed just as I downed him. Last evening I played Plague and had a 4 man slug endgame. As soon as I caught the 4th guy, I picked him up, forgetting that he was unhooked 50s ago and I chased and downed 3 other people. That guy still had DS so he got another one up. I couldn't manage to get them both in time (dh) so I lost 2 kills. See? I suffer just as much on killer from second chance perks like I do on survivor.

    The rest were fair enough points. I do play sneaky in endgame. This time however, the killer was in stelath mode and I had walls surrounding me, so when I saw the pig I didn't have enough time to make distance. Had there been no NOED, I would've definetly made it to a loop or something and I would've escaped.

    I wasn't derailing the thread. I was pointing out that this game provides multiple second chances, more so on the survivors side. Killers are entitled to have one strong, easily countered, second chance perk to help them when they do poorly, in order to help them counter the plethora of survivor second chance perks.

    I was also pointing that if it is okay to force the killer to play around perks that survivors may or may not have, then it is okay to force survivors to play around perks killers may or may not have. People like to argue that it is a waste of time to do bones, but have no problem forcing the killer to abandon a hook or chase a healthy survivor when it would be better for them to chase the recently unhooked, injured survivor. It's hypocrisy.

    I don't know what you're talking about deleting comments, I haven't done so. If I ever edit something, it's only to correct spelling.

    Anyways, there is nothing wrong with NoEd. It is easily countered, wastes as much time for survivors as survivors second chance perks waste for the killer, and can only be used once during the match. And 9 times out of 10, it is easy to deduce if the killer has it. They either play really poorly or you can pay attention to what the other three perks the killer is using throughout the match.

    If it was nerfed, there would be even less incentive for survivors to cleanse totems, making the current gen rush worse and resulting in more 5 minute games.

    I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy short games. I'd rather have a 10-15 minute game where I can get 20k+ points over the current games I get where I escape with only 16K-18K points.

  • @HelloYou said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476816#Comment_2476816

    So it's okay for you to equip and use a 2nd chance perk, but when a killer does the same you cry noob killer (double standard) and demand the perk to be nerfed and even go to the length of blaming the killer perk instead of your team's bad play ?!! (Salty chips)

    you say that your issue is not having the time for them due to your team being bad. but let me ask you this; what does this have to do with NOED ?!! NOED did not make your team play bad. Also if your team was as bad as you claim then the Killer should've finished the game before you finished 5Gens, which means the killer was just as bad, so clearly you had time, unless you're also as equally bad as your team, then it was a normal match where the killer got one kill and 6 hooks (sadly for him).

    Yes i play SoloQ, and my claim still stand, this is a team reliant game (survivor role), if you can't rely on your team then you are playing incorrectly. Having bad teammates is nothing out of the ordinary and it is part of the experience in a team based game. And having bad teammate have nothing to do with your opponent nor his perks.

    "SoloQ is 1v4, Please just stfu". saying stfu ain't changing the fact that IT IS A 1V4. and who's everyone ?, i'm a soloQ player and i'm telling you you're wrong.

    "I am the only one that touches gens" You said you've done 2 Gens, so how come you've reached EGC if not for your teammates HELPING doing gens eh?!!. Do you think the Killer is not being pressured by them ?!!!

    If SoloQ becomes as YOU WANT where a single player can dominate solo without the help of the team then the balance is massively in favour of survivors since it is a 1v4. And in turn it makes SWF even stronger and most killers become unplayable.

    "If solo q would be brought to swf level, then killers could recieve buffs so swf is less powerful and solo q won't become unplayable."

    Thank God you're not a dev at BHVR.

    Buff SoloQ to swf level = Making most killers have no chance winning, and in process making SWF even stronger.

    Buff Killer so swf is less powerful = You do realize that in turn nerfs SoloQ right!!

    Anyway i'm done with this "I'm salty because i died on my first hook, but instead of blaming my team bad play, i'll blame the killer perk" nonsense. Git Gud and have a good rest of your day, bye.

    Buff SoloQ to swf level = Making most killers have no chance winning, and in process making SWF even stronger.


    Buff Killer so swf is less powerful = You do realize that in turn nerfs SoloQ right!!

    Lmao this is funny. So if Solo Q becomes as strong as SWF and killers are buffed, then Solo Q's buff won't count.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476704#Comment_2476704

    I wasn't derailing the thread. I was pointing out that this game provides multiple second chances, more so on the survivors side. Killers are entitled to have one strong, easily countered, second chance perk to help them when they do poorly, in order to help them counter the plethora of survivor second chance perks.

    I was also pointing that if it is okay to force the killer to play around perks that survivors may or may not have, then it is okay to force survivors to play around perks killers may or may not have. People like to argue that it is a waste of time to do bones, but have no problem forcing the killer to abandon a hook or chase a healthy survivor when it would be better for them to chase the recently unhooked, injured survivor. It's hypocrisy.

    I don't know what you're talking about deleting comments, I haven't done so. If I ever edit something, it's only to correct spelling.

    Anyways, there is nothing wrong with NoEd. It is easily countered, wastes as much time for survivors as survivors second chance perks waste for the killer, and can only be used once during the match. And 9 times out of 10, it is easy to deduce if the killer has it. They either play really poorly or you can pay attention to what the other three perks the killer is using throughout the match.

    If it was nerfed, there would be even less incentive for survivors to cleanse totems, making the current gen rush worse and resulting in more 5 minute games.

    I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy short games. I'd rather have a 10-15 minute game where I can get 20k+ points over the current games I get where I escape with only 16K-18K points.

    About the deleting comments part, if you switch your internet while typing, as soon as you press post your comment gets deleted because they recheck your browser. And because of that I had to re-write my reply to you.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477215#Comment_2477215

    About the deleting comments part, if you switch your internet while typing, as soon as you press post your comment gets deleted because they recheck your browser. And because of that I had to re-write my reply to you.

    Oh, okay. I thought you were accusing me of deleting something. I can be rather slow, sorry.

  • Bring Small Game

    the most meta killer perk is a totem perk, even at higher level plays its worth bringing.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477211#Comment_2477211

    Buff SoloQ to swf level = Making most killers have no chance winning, and in process making SWF even stronger.

    Buff Killer so swf is less powerful = You do realize that in turn nerfs SoloQ right!!

    Lmao this is funny. So if Solo Q becomes as strong as SWF and killers are buffed, then Solo Q's buff won't count.

    Yep, that's your flawed logic. Glad you noticed.

    Correction: SoloQ becomes as strong as 𝐎𝐋𝐃 SWF. just in case you strawman to it.

1 2 ›