SBMM and swfs of various skill level
I'm interested to know how all of you think the SBMM will handle swfs of various skill levels cause I don't know if there is a right answer in an asymmetrical game. You can pair them with a killer who is at the average of the swf but depending on the skill difference then one good survivor can run a killer for the whole match. Pair them with a killer closer to the highest mmr score and the babies are just gonna get stomped every game and that's no good either because we don't want new players being introduced by their friends to just have an awful experience since that would likely mean they wont continue playing.
I honestly don't know a right answer to it. Side question how do you think SBMM will handle it regardless of what you think id the right way.
Comments
I think Otzdarva said that he knows that it will use the average. Dont know whether its stated in a blogpost or the devs did tell him.
I don't know if that's just his own speculation or if they said so directly but that's only half of the question anyways
I personally think it’s going to be a ######### show for a lot of us. I understand there are a lot more happy players this time around (which is good) but that may change if those who are frustrated decide to leave or take a break until SBMM is gone. Then those who stay will get longer que times and less variety in everything.
I know the devs stated they’ll be monitoring and tweaking, but I personally don’t know if I’ll have the patience. I’ll try to hang in there the best I can, though.
i'll play a little and maybe buy pinhead cause new killers are the only thing that interests me anymore but if the SBMM is gonna be anything like the tests then for those were all terrible so ill probably be dropping the game.
Likewise. I’ll be buying the Chapter as well, and hoping for the best. I need to learn how to post pics/video links here cause if this continues to turn out bad for me, I need to show receipts of what I’ve been complaining about.
Killer has to know when to drop a chase and try chasing another survivor.
Yeah I know that, that's not something every killers does know though, that's the point.
The thing is there is no right answer. Take the average and people will abuse that, take the highest and they will have no fun.
Scenario highest: i have seen people use smurfs to play with their friends bc otherwise they dont want to play together. Or new people quitting when their experienced friend showed them the game.
Average is probably more fun without ill intent, but thats DbD. Focussing the weak link or triggering the killer as strongest survivor are common tactics.
So honestly i couldnt care less.
Edit: i dont think it was his speculation.
So basically what I've already said but I'd need to see a quote otherwise I'd have to think it's just his own speculation as I highly doubt he's privy to info the rest of us aren't.