Buff Glass Bead
So not many people use this map addon. And it's a pretty cool addon, it creates a beam of light for all survivors to see.
I did an experiment and show it to low ranks on rank reset (actually took a break and I was low rank when I came back) so this is the result, they were pretty surprised. Not many people use it and I think it could use a small buff. Maybe you can heal (at lower speed) when you're under it, not as slow as self care, but not as fast as a normal heal. So maybe I go rescue a guy and then I place the beam and I can leave while the guy "heals" under the beam.
It's just an idea, it could be something else, what I mean is that it's a pretty good addon and almost nobody uses it, you need to give survivors a new incentive to use the addon, it's sad to see that it's super rare in the game.
Comments
Map, in general, is the least used item. The map overall needs some sort of boost to be more appealling choice.
(Also please for the love of God, remove the beam's sounds or lower it. It's so annoying .-.)
Yeah. I agree. Maybe tone the sound down if you hear it for 5 seconds. It's good to have a loud sound to hear for locating the beam (mainly indoor) but once you find it you don't need the sound anymore.
Glass bead is super strong and usefull, one of my favourite addons in game. It's ok as it is now.
black thread and glass bead. Find hatch, mark it. Even if everything goes to ######### last guy usually gets the message.
Other ideas (independent from each other):
1) Making glass bead base kit for maps instead of an addon. It's surprising how many people know about maps but never heard of this addon, you can check the reddit post to see some player's experiences.
2) Reveal the aura of the rest of the survivors to you if you're under it. Like a stationary Bond. Or maybe reveal the auras on a certain range or for a certain amount of time (let's say 10 seconds) so nobody can just place the beam next to a gen and have aura reading while working for a whole gen. It would be a buff for solo queue. Medkits work like Self Care, toolboxes work like Prove Thyself, glass bead could work like Bond.
3) I already stated this, you could heal with a 30% penalty speed if you're under it (slower than normal heals, but faster than Self Care), like a "holy light" you could place and the rest of survivors can come and heal.
I hope you could figure out something interesting for this addon, because it's pretty cool and it's almost never used.
I think the Glass Bead effect should be default on all Maps. Perhaps it only has a 60 second duration by default and the Glass Bead add-on enhances that or something.
Another useful buff would be to show the aura of any players or objectives within 2-4 meters of the beacon. Plant it on a Hex Totem, all players can see the totems aura and assume "it must be the Hex". Pop it on a generator to say "there's a gen here I'm working on in case you can't find one". Stick it on a trap to show other survivors that there's a trap there, etc. If the killer passes through, it, all survivors know the killer is there, even if for a split second.
This would make it incredibly useful for solo survivors, while being superfluous information for SWF.
I like it, but it's too loud.