Any DBD Youtubers getting hit by age restrictions?
Any DBD Youtubers getting hit by age restrictions?
I have a couple of popular videos and suddenly the Youtube fun police age restrict a video. None of BHVRs official videos are age restricted are they?
But, to the question for actual Youtubers, is an appeal worth the time it takes to fill in?
Comments
An appeal is worth it if accurate. If you are misunderstanding what Youtube offers then they will deny you.
You need to understand what you can and cannot monetize and what you have to age restrict.
You can learn more here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARV5QCDb2UEand here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhAHKTM0_l0Understanding how to keep Youtube happy is the best practise of a Youtube channel.
This is the articles mentioned in both videos:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/10291745
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6162278?visit_id=637462382655782695-1588236891&rd=1
I mean, the game is decidedly not intended for children. Every single official DbD video says the game has an ESRB rating of Mature 17+. This is just YT following its own policy. You can try to appeal, but I doubt they'll think DbD is in any way intended for children.
Nothing I have is monetised, no advertisers to keep happy but according to those guidelines my video is fine.
I guess I'm most annoyed by there being 200,000 other DBD videos not age restricted on Youtube but my 30 second video that happens to show Legion hitting someone is considered too violent.
I'm guessing it falls under "Violence", in the first link @Emeal posted. The focal point is the violence, or at least it's assumed to be, due to the length of the video.
The focal point is hacking. I can't embed it now of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT8i383G9K4Then you should try to appeal. However, if the video doesn't censor the name of the supposed hacker, you shouldn't post it here.
Hopefully.