Change Trapper Springs and Other QoL Changes

Trapper needs a few changed but his spring addond are so useless they have to be adjusted.

The springs are useless at the highest tier. Especially compared to all of the other addons.

Here are my proposed changes to his spring addons:


- Strong Coil Spring

Slightly decreases the speed of an escape attempt from a bear trap.

Slightly decreases bear trap disarm speed.


- 4-Coil Spring Kit

Moderately decreases the speed of an escape attempt from a bear trap.

Moderately decreases bear trap disarm speed.


- Oily Coil

Tremendously decreases the speed of an escape attempt from a bear trap.

Tremendously decreases bear trap disarm speed.


- Bloody Coil

Slightly decreases the speed of an escape attempt from a bear trap.

Slightly decreases bear trap disarm time.

Whenever a healthy survivor disarms a bear trap, they become injured.

Injured survivors that disarm bear traps become Broken for 80 seconds.


QoL Changes:

- Injured survivors that step on a bear trap become inflicted with a Deep Wound.

Comments

  • I hope for some trapper buffs and totally that QoL, make no sense step on a trap and if you are injured that trap does "nothing" to you(besides grab you).

  • Honestly the reduced escape odds add-ons would still be better. I'm really not sure what to do with these, but I love the QoL change. Perhaps more Status Effect traps? There's only so many add-ons to be made for bear traps lol

  • @Tekno_Badger said:

    Honestly the reduced escape odds add-ons would still be better. I'm really not sure what to do with these, but I love the QoL change. Perhaps more Status Effect traps? There's only so many add-ons to be made for bear traps lol

    Well, the idea is, every few seconds for escape attempts is a few more seconds for the trapper to get to the trap before an escape.

    Weak and not very scary at low levels but scary at higher levels because each attempt takes longer to perform.

  • @Rezblaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2464358#Comment_2464358

    Well, the idea is, every few seconds for escape attempts is a few more seconds for the trapper to get to the trap before an escape.

    Weak and not very scary at low levels but scary at higher levels because each attempt takes longer to perform.

    I get the idea, but RNG add-ons would be more consistent. These would really only have use alongside those ones unless they're OP. Still, it's better than most of the add-ons BHVR makes

  • As a Trapper main, I also would like lots of changes ... some welcome QoL / buffs and surprisingly some nerfs too!


    First, I would like to have built-in ability to carry 2 traps.

    Built-in Honing Stone effect on injured survivors who step into bear traps would be great.

    Caught people should also stay longer in traps, unless they are helped by a teammate.

    These would be quite small but nice QoL changes / buffs.


    I do agree that all spring addons deserve rework and your ideas sound good.


    However, I have big problem with both Iridescent Stone & Bloody Coil add-ons.

    I do understand that Devs wanted to add new effects for the pink add-ons, but both of them are very unhealthy for the fun of the game. Indeed, common counterplay to Trapper is to spot traps and disarm them through the game/trial. This requires knowledge of the map/loops or watching over an absent-minded Trapper who sets them up in front of you. This is the main reason why I run the Whispers perk on Trapper since the release of this game.

    Besides, they can be stacked with purple bag for maximum annoyance and without any debuff.

    Both of them allow for very lazy gameplay with visible traps at pallets/windows. They can also be used to completely lock areas of the map: basement shack, big buildings (e.g. Badham), central hall in RPD map. Good luck if you do not run dead hard or if you are in soloQ.

    Lots of complex reworks were proposed in the past. I think small changes, (e.g. recycling of other addons) could do the job. For instance, one pink add-on could be the merging of honing stone with darker color, honing stone and setup speed for the other one. This would allow using 2 nice effects while bringing a bag as second add-on. Finally, these changes would still cope with the common Trapper counterplay: disarming traps and avoiding to step into them xD