Survivor mindset which I struggle to comprehend

I personally play both sides rather evenly, maybe 60% survivor since the flashbang is in the game and my friend started playing with me, so I'm not survivor or killer main - which is a topic for another debate actually.

What I've been seeing for years now is incredible... lack of thinking? It's really hard to name it really... I will just put some examples.

Killer hooked someone and there is other survivor or two nearby, close to the hook and a safe loop... just standing, waving or teabagging...

No killer with a brain will ever chase this person. Oh, hello, I can see you not doing gens, I appreciate it... Oh this? Yes, your teammate, dying on the hook while you activelly show me that you are not doing objective so if I just stay here I will most likely win...

Like... is it really so hard to think that if you really want to go for save... you shouldn't be visible? You never want to give enemy what they want so if you show that you want to be chased and that you refuse to do THE ONLY OBJECTIVE (gens) you have in the game no matter what... Does it really need explaining?!

I see this so often as both sides and it baffles me...

Also the post game chat: Noob killer, only won, because he camped, haha trash baby killer l2p.

Wait, so killer 4ked and is trash, noob baby? So you want to tell me that you LOST against trash, noob baby in a game rigged in favour of survivors? Isn't it just a self insult?

Seriously... use your brains, people... Don't like camping? Go do gens, equip kindred and DON'T ######### ON THE HOOKS. He camps? Cool, just chill there and let him loose and gain almost 0 points. You don't like the behaviour so punish it...

Unless you really like that killer so ######### asap, so he now has 3/1 scenario which is hard to loose.

With best regards, player who can't even go mad about other survivors killing him by looping around the hook or actively showing killer that all they need to do is stay near hook to win... cause he sees it every day.

I really don't care about loosing because of you that much, but the end game chat is the most baffling thing. YOU - person teabagging, looping near hook and refusing to do gens even with Kindred on are the reason camping works, you make the entire team loose and you make fool of yourself in post game chat, because all you had to do was hold m1.

Comments

  • They should add a perk for Killer that shows survivors near a hook survivor. The reason is because right now you really only have BBQ to gauge if a survivor is about to save the moment you leave the hook, and most players know to counter BBQ by hiding in a locker. Killer's would be more likely to go and try to pressure gens if they can see that survivors are pressuring gens.

    Killer's don't like standing in front of a hook for just 1 kill they need more incentive to leave the hook, because right now they have more incentive to stay or at least stay nearby because nothing is telling them that a survivor is nearby going to unhook and remove all of your current pressure in an instant.

  • Is this not normal? I always use kindred and if I see the killer is camping or just patrols in small circles I do a gen. And the other two guys try to unhook him.

    Killer get free hits, maybe a trade on hook or the guy on hook sacrifice or DC because of camping. Game is over. Farm enough points for black pip...

  • @DieGräfin No, my dude. 90% or more players stop doing anything once someone gets hooked and either crouch around and teabag the killer.

  • they are farming for boldness points by being near the killer. they also know the killer won't leave his prized victim on hook so they are relatively safe in doing so.

  • I agree it's stupid, but it is true that getting a 4K by camping survivors is not very skillful at all. Obviously losing to that isn't all to skilfull either, but sometimes it's less about skill in that moment and more about the desperate attempt to have at least a bit of fun during that match as survivor.

    Camping is beyond boring, obviously for the survivor being hooked but also the other survivors having nothing else to do than doing gens.

    To be fair, killers that resort to camping are kind of nooby, but the problem here is that "noob" even is an insult in the minds of some people. Not being skillful in games is not something bad in the least.

    Obviously if you have to camp because you aren't good enough as a killer, one can argue that you are a sore loser. But to be fair, everyone kind of wants to try everything in their arsenal to somehow still win a match. It only gets ridiculous when killers camp right from the get go.

  • They pretend like they want to help, but you need to do better if you want me to do what you want. Give me a nice reason. All of the inept red ranks trying to save the survivor I am tunneling, you need to give me a free hit or its a no go. You can sit there and watch, I am not coming to you. Come to me, baby.

  • @ad19970 I would slightly disagree. Playing around bt, ds, flashlights and all other seconds chances like soul guard, flip flop into power struggle and such does require a decent amount of skill. Especially to actually get grab and correctly zone survivors.

    It is still super ######### boring xD. Survivors, please just do gens and stop killing the guy on the hook...