Body blocking report

Can I report a player for body blocking and trapping me in a room if I don’t have video? I have a picture of them with crows above their head but no footage to prove they didn’t just lag out, which they didn’t they were pointing and crouching. Luckily I had Diversion so I could draw the killer to chase them away, which they did but then they kept following me and the killer wouldn’t kill them. Thankfully I got away but what the hell is wrong people?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Sadly you need a video for it.

  • @Ruma said:

    Sadly you need a video for it.

    Damn…I don’t record games I’m not a streamer. I’m living in dread now of both the killer and fellow survivors. I wish the forum didn’t have that “no sharing player names” rule sometimes.

  • @TheGhostofZgor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457470#Comment_2457470

    Damn…I don’t record games I’m not a streamer. I’m living in dread now of both the killer and fellow survivors. I wish the forum didn’t have that “no sharing player names” rule sometimes.

    Well, let me put that rule into perspective. I open a thread claiming that someone with your name was hacking or whatever. I have no proof of anything. A witch hunt starts. You're completely innocent, but nobody believes you because any guilty person would claim they were innocent.

    That's why "mob rule" and "mob justice" are no longer a thing.

  • @Ruma said:

    Sadly you need a video for it.

    or photo evidence

  • What platform are you? On Xbox, you can capture a fair portion of recent play after the event has occured, so you don't need to record constantly. Not sure if that's the same on other platforms, but it makes sense for them to have it.

    But yeah, without video evidence it's not going to stand. A photo of a guy with crows around him in a doorway could just as easily been someone who had been afk and just started to move. A photo doesn't show any real context, unfortunately.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457475#Comment_2457475

    Well, let me put that rule into perspective. I open a thread claiming that someone with your name was hacking or whatever. I have no proof of anything. A witch hunt starts. You're completely innocent, but nobody believes you because any guilty person would claim they were innocent.

    That's why "mob rule" and "mob justice" are no longer a thing.

    I get it. Just some times there’s that one person who really does deserve some kind or repercussions. It’s for the best that that rule exists though.

  • @TheGhostofZgor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457480#Comment_2457480

    I get it. Just some times there’s that one person who really does deserve some kind or repercussions. It’s for the best that that rule exists though.

    Appropriate repercussions come from reporting that person (although other people will claim otherwise; I find it curious that some people are always saying never to report others who should be banned, which just lets them keep doing those things, but I digress). "Mob rule" means that for tiny offenses (which cheating in a video game absolutely is) you could get doxxed or even killed.

  • For issues like this, you need video evidence, screenshots are not enough.

    You don't need to record every match all the time, if you are on PC you can use Nvidia's replay system for example.

    If you need more information on this, you can find them here:

    @Ryuti said:

    Hello, people of the fog!

    When reporting a player, many offences require video evidence to help us investigate your report. Below is a list of bannable offences which may require video evidence:

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage

    HOW TO RECORD YOUR MATCH:

    XBOX:

    • Press the XBOX  button to open the guide.
    • Press the VIEW button, and then select "Record from now" . Depending on your clip's resolution, you can record anywhere from 10 minutes with internal storage and up to 1 hour with external storage.
    • To end the clip, open the guide and press the X button . You'll get a notification when it's been saved.

    PS4:

    • Press the "Share" Button on your controller to begin recording gameplay.
    • When you've recorded your match, save your clip, and trim as needed.
    • After that you can upload the video directly to your linked YouTube account.
    • Length, quality and etc. can be changed depending on your console settings for Video sharing

    PC:

    • For players using an NVIDIA graphics card, you can enable Shadowplay which will automatically record any gameplay while running in the background.
    • To use Shadowplay ensure you have the GeForce Experience program installed.
    • Open the in-game overlay settings found in the top right corner. From there, you can turn on "Instant Replay" and adjust settings such as clip length, quality, and audio levels.
    • Alternatively, you can use OBS to manually record the incidents.

    INFORMATION THAT WILL AID US IN REVIEWING CASES:

    Opening your escape menu and viewing the match details tab.

    This will allow us to see all of the Survivor characters in the match and usernames of who is playing them.

    Visiting the tally menu once a match has ended.

    This will allow us to examine player loadouts including perks, items and offerings.

    UPLOADING YOUR EVIDENCE

    Due to the small file size limit on ZenDesk, we suggest uploading your evidence to YouTube and "Unlisting" it. This will prevent anyone without the link from seeing it, and will allow you to upload without needing to compress the quality to meet the size limit.

    For XBOX players,

    • Open the Youtube App, and sign in.
    • Navigate to the Upload tab. You may need to turn on "Enable Sharing on Social Networks" for your clips to be visible.
    • Select your recorded match
    • Enter a title and then select upload.

    For PC players

    • If you wish to cut down your clip, you can do so in the editing software of your choice. Otherwise you can upload the raw footage straight to youtube by navigating to your shadowplay recording folder.

    Please keep in mind that even with video evidence, an in-game report is still required.

    Screenshots are not considered valid evidence.

    If the video sent does not follow our criteria or the quality of the video is low, it is possible that nothing will be done against the player reported.