Spirit Rework Proposal

The main issue with Spirit that survivors have is that she has no counterplay and doesn't take a lot of skill, unlike her closest killer in power, Nurse. My proposed rework aims to add more counterplay and fix her skill curve while not drastically affecting her skill ceiling

Here it is:

  • Make her appear intermittently (thus able to see survivors and vice versa) while phasing, with a short phasing sound. This should occur for 0.3s every 1.5s. The Husk should stay at the original location. This allows for more strategizing and counterplay on both sides.
    • The exact numbers could be tweaked but this is the idea. To master Spirit, players will now have to learn how to utilise these windows. They could even prove more useful than her current mechanics, but it definitely takes more skill.
  • Make her phasing noise heard by survivors within the Husk's Terror Radius. There's no reason she should be able to mind-game a survivor just by standing still.
  • Remove passive phasing. It requires absolutely no skill to use and it messes with survivors when her Red Stain disappears.
  • Change the passive phasing add-ons to attack cooldown by 10 and 20% for attacks during the post-Phase walk period.
  • Fix duration add-ons so recharge rate isn't buffed as well.
  • Debuff Mother-Daughter Ring to a 30% increase in movement speed.

Comments

  • 1st part I agree with entirely.

    2nd part idk. Doing that WITH the window seems like a bit too much... especially when Spirit can just phase in place.

    3rd is another idk about. I think the reason Spirit HAS passive phasing is she's the only 4.4 killer who has to wait on her power to come back (ex: using it for mobility), whereas the others don't have this limitation.

    4th I disagree with since her Phasing Lunge add-ons still exist. I shudder to think of those with STBFL.

    5th is.. that's a lot more complicated than you think. Could probably be fixed but damn is the coding weird.

    6th I disagree with. Not because it's nerfed too hard but because even THAT is busted. That's still 228% speed which is practically the same as Billy/Blight with complete freedom of movement. I'd make the add-on do something else entirely tbh.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    1st part I agree with entirely.

    2nd part idk. Doing that WITH the window seems like a bit too much... especially when Spirit can just phase in place.

    3rd is another idk about. I think the reason Spirit HAS passive phasing is she's the only 4.4 killer who has to wait on her power to come back (ex: using it for mobility), whereas the others don't have this limitation.

    4th I disagree with since her Phasing Lunge add-ons still exist. I shudder to think of those with STBFL.

    5th is.. that's a lot more complicated than you think. Could probably be fixed but damn is the coding weird.

    6th I disagree with. Not because it's nerfed too hard but because even THAT is busted. That's still 228% speed which is practically the same as Billy/Blight with complete freedom of movement. I'd make the add-on do something else entirely tbh.

    For the 2nd and 3rd, my goal is to get rid of passive abilities, since they take no skill to use. 4th is true, I've now changed them to increase breathing sounds and Grunts of Pain by 20%, and to increase footstep sounds by 50%. 5th really shouldnt be hard, just set the recharge rate as it should be. It works for Legion. 6th, how about I change it so only Spirit can see the survivor and not vice versa during the intermittent phasing?

    You seem like you know what you're talking about, so I have a lot more reworks here if you're interested, feel free to leave comments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nUxBRomb77siSwDWkoD6fDjIbfiWKOU6uKLjS58MV34/edit?usp=drivesdk