key - needs a rework.

remove it completely or only the key holder should escape, not everybody!.

on several games 3 survivors escape using key. I guess my baby nurse skills scared them.

Comments

  • Here's a solution I came up with:

    Make unlocking the Hatch take 8s, and regress this progress by 20% every second it is not being opened.

    Allow survivors to be grabbed while unlocking the Hatch, but not when jumping in. These should also be 2 separate actions.

    Make Broken Keys look different so as to distinguish them from the two that can open Hatch, and increase their usage time to 20s.

  • i'm kind of new to the game so I usually forget when the hatch spawns (I have looked it up before). the key feels kind of a cheat to me, not only I have to patrol gens but I also have to patrol the hatch, and god knows where it is.

    hatch should only be available in 1vs1 scenarios. if there are 2 or more survivors they should do the 5 gens. btw I also don't like 99ing the exit gate, progress should be like totems, if you stop for some reason before reaching 100% then you go back to 0%.

  • @fcb said:

    i'm kind of new to the game so I usually forget when the hatch spawns (I have looked it up before). the key feels kind of a cheat to me, not only I have to patrol gens but I also have to patrol the hatch, and god knows where it is.

    hatch should only be available in 1vs1 scenarios. if there are 2 or more survivors they should do the 5 gens. btw I also don't like 99ing the exit gate, progress should be like totems, if you stop for some reason before reaching 100% then you go back to 0%.

    99ing the gate is something you will have to live with as there is endgame strats built around the fact you can do it that even I wouldn't take away. The best thing you can do is if you think a door is 99'ed just go and open it. It sounds counterintuitive, but that forces survivors to make a choices immediately as that is what starts the endgame collapse. It is better to have the collapse timer running and them being forced to leave than leaving the door closed and letting take as much time as they want to plan out making saves.

  • @Tekno_Badger said:

    Here's a solution I came up with:

    Make unlocking the Hatch take 8s, and regress this progress by 20% every second it is not being opened.

    Allow survivors to be grabbed while unlocking the Hatch, but not when jumping in. These should also be 2 separate actions.

    Make Broken Keys look different so as to distinguish them from the two that can open Hatch, and increase their usage time to 20s.

    Make it so keys require minimum charge to unlock a lock too, so interrupting them has some benefit. Currently, they are powerful detection tools AND hatch escape mechanisms. And perks like Franklin's don't do anything.

  • @fcb said:

    i'm kind of new to the game so I usually forget when the hatch spawns (I have looked it up before). the key feels kind of a cheat to me, not only I have to patrol gens but I also have to patrol the hatch, and god knows where it is.

    hatch should only be available in 1vs1 scenarios. if there are 2 or more survivors they should do the 5 gens. btw I also don't like 99ing the exit gate, progress should be like totems, if you stop for some reason before reaching 100% then you go back to 0%.

    There is no point in patrolling the hatch if they have a key. There is absolutely no option you, as a killer, have during this. If they have a key and they find hatch, they win.

  • @BastardKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2454298#Comment_2454298

    Make it so keys require minimum charge to unlock a lock too, so interrupting them has some benefit. Currently, they are powerful detection tools AND hatch escape mechanisms. And perks like Franklin's don't do anything.

    Keys can't open the hatch without some charge left, actually, so Franklin's does a bit

  • @Tekno_Badger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2456454#Comment_2456454

    Keys can't open the hatch without some charge left, actually, so Franklin's does a bit

    Oh, my apologies. Recent change, didn't notice it in the patch notes.

  • @BastardKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2456505#Comment_2456505

    Oh, my apologies. Recent change, didn't notice it in the patch notes.

    Yeah it got hidden behind Trickster rework.