Would NOED be bad if.....
It gave the exposed status effect to all survivors when the last generator is completed?
I'm just curious what people would think if it was like this.
(I'm not asking for a nerf or anything I think its fine)
It gave the exposed status effect to all survivors when the last generator is completed?
I'm just curious what people would think if it was like this.
(I'm not asking for a nerf or anything I think its fine)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
are you trollling
Well, it wouldn't be bad, but it would still be nerfed if that happens. Part of the power of NoEd is in the unknown until it is too late. It forces survivors to be more careful and consider if the killer is running it. It's no different when killers have to play around DS, BT and UB. The survivor may not have it, but most killers play around them because it can really hurt them if they're wrong.
That is how it works. The last gen pops the hex totem activates everyone is exposed
I think OP means it notifies all survivors noed is in play as soon as the generator pops, similar to how Rancor works.
Yes this is what I meant
OOOOOOOOOOOOH. I was really confused
To answer you OP, I think it would remain bad. NOED is only good vs solo survivors, and while this change may help them deal with it as soon as they're notified, it doesn't change any of the core issues with the perk vs solo, including the fact that totem searching alone with no method of communication is an almost guaranteed game throw if you do so before all gens pop.
This isn't the change NOED needs, though I'd be okay with it because less people would run it because of the amount of "THEY NERFED NOED TO THE GROUND" posts that would be made. NOED needs a fundamental rework, as well as several solo buffs, to ensure it's a perk that works effectively vs SWF players while not penalising solo players because their friends weren't available that day.
For clarification, every time I mention SWF I do mean one of the teams that are actually coordinated and talk about the game to each other, and not the majority of SWF teams which discuss literally anything else while playing.
A slight nerf I would add is Noed only activated when 5 Gen done, not EGC.
This way the last survivor may has some chance to escape. You know those moment of getting a hit when youre already 95% the gate.
It would lose the element of surprise which is one of the things I don't hate about it.
The only thing that I personally feel needs to be changed is the way it is activated. If they want to keep the "once all generators are completed" version, at least add a 4 hooks requirement to it. So it doesn't feel like the killer can literally go afk and get it to proc, etc.
Otherwise I think No Ed is fine. It is suppose to pack a punch type of perk.